Roblox won't launch unless time is set to the future

Description:

I am experiencing an issue where Roblox does not launch when my system time is set to automatic. However, when I manually set the date to a future day (e.g., changing from August 31 to September 1), Roblox launches without any problems.

Details:

• Browser: The issue occurs in both Brave and Google Chrome.
  • Temporary Fix: Changing the system date manually allows Roblox to launch, but this is not a viable long-term solution.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Set your system time to automatic.
  2. Attempt to launch Roblox.
  3. Roblox does not start.
  4. Manually set the system date to a future day.
  5. Roblox launches successfully.

System Information:

Video Reference:
I found a YouTube video suggesting a temporary workaround, but this is not a permanent fix. Here is the link for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbmfZf8fuxs.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and follow up with updates.

2 Likes

This is happening for me as well, I have tried just about every method to get it to work but changing the date to the future is the only way it launches at all.

I will very gladly send any client logs I have as well, please shoot me a private message.

Running a fresh install of Windows 11 23H2.
Methods I have attempted to do include… a full re-install of Roblox, administration install, compatibility install, Windows Store Roblox (it crashes after the Roblox logo), and many others. This is the only method that has temporarily resolved the issue.

Update Sept 28th, 2024: The issue has resolved itself, I am unsure what fixed it but it is not failing to launch anymore. I still have startup logs from when the issue was happening, so I can provide those if necessary.

2 Likes

Also facing this problem, notably on a fresh install of Windows 11.

1 Like