Roblox won't let me get credit from Gift cards. Only robux

Hello today I bought 3 roblox giftcards and I was attempting to use the money from my giftcard to buy premium for myself but for no reason Roblox turns giftcard in robux for no reason so I get myself scammed.
I don’t care about robux, I just wanted to buy Premium, I’m so upset and I’m scared to ask a refund because the Support will terminate me if it happens.

I redeemed my codes here and it automatically gave me robux instead of keeping the money for my premium…

Expected behavior

Roblox normally adds a pop up to ask me if I want to convert the money from my giftcard in robux or not.

3 Likes

As you can see, I sacrificed some money just to make this gif. I’m ashamed of wasting money stupidly.

You are redeeming Amazon giftcards, which give you Robux directly, not credit.
You need to buy directly from Roblox or from another reseller that isn’t Amazon to get credit.

4 Likes

I bought none of my cards on Amazon… But now I understand thanks.

Then you likely bought from 3rd party resellers who get their cards from Amazon.

If I buy from 7 eleven, how I will know if it gives money or robux?

It will tell you on the card. If it shows Robux, it’s Robux. If it shows the currency of the country you are buying it from, it’s credit.

All store gift cards are credit unless specified it’s Robux only.

3 Likes

I completely understand now thank you

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

This is no longer necessary because I understood that the amount was indicated with the word robux but it is true that it can be confusing for a Japanese Roblox card for example:

The Yen symbol represents that it is in local currency, the robux symbol has an unique lettermark which is easily distinguishable from the Yen symbol

1 Like

Yes I noticed that but the fact that they left the word robux at the bottom of the card may sow a little doubt!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.