Roblox won't Update

For the past 3 days I haven’t been able to launch Roblox, Studio or Client.

I’ve removed everything in AppData/Local but after I install it, it won’t launch.

3 Likes

What browser do you use?

1 Like

Firefox 32

Can you:

1. Go to the Temp folder (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp)
  2. Close the browser
  3. Remove all files that start with “RBX-”
  4. Open the browser again, hit Play, wait for some time
  5. Zip all files that start with “RBX-” in Temp folder (hitting Play should create some) and upload a zip file here? (you should be able to do it in a confidential section)

[quote] Can you:

1. Go to the Temp folder (C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp)
  2. Close the browser
  3. Remove all files that start with “RBX-”
  4. Open the browser again, hit Play, wait for some time
  5. Zip all files that start with “RBX-” in Temp folder (hitting Play should create some) and upload a zip file here? (you should be able to do it in a confidential section) [/quote]

Thanks! Can you also upload a zip with C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Roblox folder?

1 Like

It looks like you got the correct files.

Can you try launching RobloxPlayerBeta.exe directly by double clicking on it. You should get a pop-up window that looks like this:

If not, please tell us the exact error you get.

[quote] It looks like you got the correct files.

Can you try launching RobloxPlayerBeta.exe directly by double clicking on it. You should get a pop-up window that looks like this:

-snip-

If not, please tell us the exact error you get. [/quote]

I get that window, and I also double checked, I still can’t join games

I have a problem with this too… It wasn’t installing properly so I uninstalled everything (including deleting registry stuff) and whenever I try to reinstall, it just sticks at “Installing roblox” with the green bar full.
when I try to run the exe file itself it does this

Couple things to try:

1. Try another browser. If this didn’t work,
  2. Try play a game on www.gametest1.robloxlabs.com, it should prompt you to redownload roblox. If it worked, go back to www.roblox.com and try to play again.

Let me know if you got any errors along the way.

Not sure which of us you’re talking to here but it always prompts me to redownload roblox

edit: tried that anyway, no luck there

After switching website, the prompt for redownload is normal, please go through the installation and see if that fix the issue.

I don’t know if you’re not understanding; it prompts for a download even without switching the site.
The problem I’m having is that it’s hanging on “Installing roblox”

edit: I got past the “Installing roblox” screen and it’s no longer prompting download, but the game won’t launch, still.
This is with the gametest1 version

EDIT2: right after I posted that the game launched. Thanks

Ugh, it’s still not working for production, though…
It’s doing this:

EDIT: right after I posted that it launched again, this forum is freaking magic

[quote] Couple things to try:

2. Try play a game on www.gametest1.robloxlabs.com, it should prompt you to redownload roblox. If it worked, go back to www.roblox.com and try to play again.

Let me know if you got any errors along the way. [/quote]

Ok, the second kinda worked, it takes about 5 minutes to launch a game now.

[quote] Couple things to try:

Let me know if you got any errors along the way. [/quote]

Ok, the second kinda worked, it takes about 5 minutes to launch a game now.[/quote]
Me too. So at least all this got the two of us on the same page.

Here’s my /Temp/RBX-* logs

update! I tried to open studio and now this is happening

Updater hangs and never installs the last version file

EDIT: logs were asked for