Roblox working fine in studio, but crashing in game

This week I’ve been working on a fun game that people could play where you escape from Mario Judah. I tested it in ROBLOX studio and it worked perfectly! No issues whatsoever. But, as soon as I posted it to ROBLOX, the game would crash after about 5 frames of loading in. No error, no nothing, just dead. Does anyone know why this is happening? If you would like to search through the game files I can send it to you from an external source. If you want to see if the game crashes for yourself, join here - Escape Mario Judah - Roblox

5 Likes

im thinking it might be a malicious script in your game as some scripts they make it themself to only work in-game and not studio

2 Likes

Well Knowing that I don’t necessarily use free models in studio, I don’t think this is the issue. The ONLY free model I used was a tree which I searched before using, And even after deleting that it still crashed.

1 Like

Look for any malicious scripts that might’ve been added when you add free models or other things from the Asset Store that you’ve used. I’m not sure what you’ll look for, but remove unnecessary scripts that don’t seem to do anything.

I also don’t think it’s connection error, because I can’t join and I have very good internet and there would be an error with ID 17.

Figured it out! All you need to do is publish the studio version to a different game. Apparently mine was somehow corrupted and couldn’t load.

I’m experiencing the same problem you were but i tried publishing it by replacing another game and it still keeps crashing on all devices, except on studio. Do you know why this is happening and if there’s a fix?