Roblox.com returns 502 Bad Gateway / Times Out

Going to https://www.roblox.com/ will not load or return a bad gateway response. There are no further details.

Expected behavior

The website should function normally.

5 Likes

The issue is intermittent and can also just return {"errors":[]} on Log in to Roblox

2 Likes

Yes appears Roblox is slowly going down. Keeps happening to me I have to reopen the page a few times to get there but when I click something it just keeps loading forever.

2 Likes

Currently experiencing this along with website changing themes from dark to bright

1 Like

When I try to change it back to dark it just says, “An unknown error occurred.”

2 Likes

This is happening to me too currently. If I reload the Roblox webpage, every so often (every 2-4 reloads) the theme is light mode instead of my dark mode, which is what I have set the theme to in my settings. However, when it is in light mode, the top and side bar remain in dark mode. Additionally, the left side of the top bar (which is what displays “Marketplace,” “Charts,” etc) and the side bar are in the correct dark-mode text color, but other text such as the Roblox logo and the right side of the top bar are not.

Additionally, some pages such as the settings page are completely in light mode, and display an error banner saying “An unknown error occurred.” I would make a separate topic regarding this; however, I do not have permission to do so.

4 Likes

The issue appears fixed. A side effect of this outage is that user settings are now intermittently broken.

1 Like

Closing as this issue no longer occurs. Thanks!

1 Like