[ROBLOXCRITICAL] In-game Products/Gamepass failing for all games; still subtracts Robux

Just clarifying based on recent responses: unless the purchases went through silently in the background but still displayed the error (which is not likely), users will simply be refunded the R$ in a few days from Pending Sales or will be re-awarded the items upon rejoin of the game because the ProcessReceipt handler will be fired again with the same receipt ID (for developer products). So people losing R$ and getting nothing in return should only be a temporary issue.

4 Likes

@grilme99 @JustSeanC @Fennecpaw @Fusbot @thelucas7

We are actively investigating the impact and will be refunding the impacted users.

14 Likes

So first players were able to exploit free gamepasses, now players are losing their gamepass purchases… This is inexcusable… This can’t happen on such a large platform, especially one where you expect large teams to be joining.

29 Likes

Yeah. It makes me wonder how the heck you could break something so critical so easily. Roblox shouldn’t be messing around with stuff like this.

2 Likes

Same, luckily ROBLOX is refunding the ROBUX, I wanted to know if they gave it back already, do you have yours? BTW: Happy Cake Day! :cake:

1 Like

They have not refunded it back yet. My friend (and his other friend) who bought “Hall of Fame” in my game lost his robux and the purchase isn’t in my groups sale logs. The gamepass cost 1,000 Robux so it’s a big deal for both me and them.

Roblox, any ETA on refunds?

1 Like

They said they would refund, it has been a while, but probably the key is patience, who knows how many people bought a failing game pass over the bug time, it would take long to refund, and makes sure there aren’t any tricks. Hopefully you get your ROBUX soon!

1 Like

Has buying products for free been fixed yet? I haven’t seen the thread on Latest.

1 Like

There hasn’t been a thread for that AFAIK, it was fixed 2+ weeks ago.

2 Likes

Quick update, impacted users have been refunded by Roblox.

11 Likes

Have seen a few reports of this happening, starting this morning. Same symptoms and everything. Anybody else?

1 Like

I got one report, but it’s inconsistent. Some people are purchasing stuff fine.

This was from 3-4 hours ago

2 Likes

Same here, I’ve had a few reports from people but others say their purchases work fine.

1 Like

This still is occurring with purchasing of the in-game currency within my game, Serene Forest.

I really hope it gets fixed… o_O

1 Like

This happened to me during the egg hunt yesterday (or the day before). Really annoying.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Our engineering team has been actively investigating the recent issue involving game pass purchases. We will be refunding any impacted users.

4 Likes

I have an impacted user who says they have not been refunded, username: felixthezombiekiller

1 Like

Hey Everyone,

Quick update for you here: All impacted players have been refunded. We’re still investigating a permanent solution.

Thanks!

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.