[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Platform outages 2020-03-28 (MarketplaceService)

Hello,

I have been receiving multiple reports from players about their game passes not loading. After checking the developer console, the reason was very obvious.

This was happening across multiple games, both of which I own some, and other games as well.
I’ve heard multiple people talking about similar issues.

18 Likes

Our engineers are aware and looking into this, thanks for the report.

8 Likes

Thank you for the quick response time!

2 Likes

Adopt Me at it again…

Site completely went down for me a bit ago but now it seems to be coming back

3 Likes

Could the outages and the issue in this post be related?

1 Like

Roblox needs to implement a permanent fix for the ongoing platform issues.

Reliability is crucial, especially for a platform worth billions; with the earnings of businesses (both large and small) dependent on the platform being avaliable.

1 Like

Good idea – they should find a cure for COVID so people can go back to school and other activities. :wink:

(scaling is hard for many platforms at the moment, I fully believe they are already doing everything they can to fix it, they have many engineers dedicated to platform reliability)

10 Likes

This was a load issue, and should be resolved now. Please note that these kind of issues may reoccur because of current high user loads. We are constantly diagnosing and adjusting our infrastructure to be able to handle the load.

We will be looking into adding extra capacity for the part of our infrastructure that was having trouble during this particular issue, later in the weekend.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience!

8 Likes

This probably has to due with the fact that 4 million people are playing on the platform. They were not ready for the surge of players due to the coronavirus.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.