[ROBLOXCRITICAL] PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished wasPurchased Always false

MarketplaceService.PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished is always passing false to the 3rd parameter, “wasPurchased”.

This is happening in studio AND in live games! I just tested this by buying a cheap gamepass in my game, Bounce, you can see that video here:

Flagged as [ROBLOXCRITICAL], as per regulations here which states: " The issue causes … … purchase failures (where R$ is taken from the player but the purchase doesn’t go through) at scale across many Roblox games."

24 Likes

When PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished gets fired after buying a GamePass, the purchase parameter is always false.

I have created a simple repro that displays the returned parameters supplied by the event on both the server and client. This happens both online and in studio, and for users other than myself as well. The GamePass is onsale under the same place I’m testing as well.

Here is the place. It is open to play and can also open it in Studio and investigate.

14 Likes

I’ve been getting lots of reports about gamepasses not giving rewards until rejoining the last few days, and this would definitely be why, assuming its been happening that long.

4 Likes

Can confirm that this is happening.

1 Like

Can confirm it also happens in test purchases in Studio.

1 Like

This was also happening in my game, I did the test myself and happened, however, when checking my account spending, was charged only once, only the purchase was not triggered.

I’ve also been getting reports of this issue the past few days. People saying they bought a gamepass, never got the product, and the purchase was not recorded on the Sales List with said gamepass not appearing in their inventory.

Thanks for reporting this. We’ve identified the issue and have rolled back the change that was causing it.

Can you please confirm that it’s working as intended now?

8 Likes

Tested - the parameter is working as expected now. Thank you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.