ROBLOXCRITICAL Random crashing? (Destroying sounds after playing)

Edited the title.

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/24fba5de0c43fc4650ec769bd84e7087

1 Like

taking a look

2 Likes

Alright, here’s the deal:
The crash happens if you destroy the sound immediately after the Ended event (or any other event).
I’ve disabled the updated flag a few big games that do this (and have been causing crashes), the fix for this is will be out next wednesday and the flag is remaining on.

So it’ll be fixed for the rest of us next Wednesday?

Yeah. If you’re doing this right now, just use one of the tricks to work around it (wait()).

1 Like

Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the response!

As of this update, the average play time in my game has gone down and I’m seeing networking issues in my game.

Network Receive averages under 10/s rather than 30/s

I’m not destroying sounds after they play or anything like that.

Game: 💜 MeepCity 💜 - Roblox

Have you been able to find anything specific ingame?

I haven’t made any major changes to the game. As of recently I lowered the preferred player count to help reduce the networking latency, but this should only be temporary as the game was doing fine with a high player count before this weeks update.

Xbox servers were also experiencing a lot of lag, which is strange seeing as the update doesn’t arrive on Xbox until usually a week later. So I assume it’s a server-side issue.

We’ve been having crashing issues in our game as well. It happens in one of the servers that we teleport players to. Players last about 2 - 5 minutes and eventually they are crashed.

1 Like

I’ve been having crashing issues as well as network issues like alexnewtron.

2 Likes

Network latency and crashes could be caused by quite a few different things (there were various features enabled and disabled yesterday which may have also had an effect).

Have you noticed any specific changes in the numbers in the studio diagnostics panel?
Are you able to replicate this problem in studio test server?
Do you have any external logging of server console?

New sound features have been disabled. Please let us know if this improves your networking situation!