[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Website is really slow, website requests and certain async calls are failing most of the time

Currently the webside is acting really sluggish and things are loading longer than they usually do or not at all. Right now I can’t join games, configure games or visit most of the web pages. Players have been reporting to me that their gamepasses/badges aren’t loading, which I investigated earlier and saw Async calls returning InternalServerError in the console. There’s probably loads since it seems to be a server issue in general.

It has been going on for over an hour now from what I’ve seen. Seems to fluctuate between working fine, loading longer than normal or not working at all.

70 Likes

Can replicate.

Inkedphoto1_LI
https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

8 Likes

How many i encountered the issues today.

• Cant reach the page
  • Advertised games most likely show cant reach the page too.
  • But it also linked to roblox studio unable to access, saying “Log in to perform actions.”
  • Friends list wont update, nor will be frozen.
  • Roblox Client seems to dim very often.
  • Server Connection drops out and shuts down before you even join.
  • image Unable To load
  • One of my friend’s told me about kicking you out of the game even through no one is controlling his account.
  • Bad Requests
    That issue did delay my tests :wind_face:
12 Likes

The entire website is failing to load on my end, and I’m getting these errors in the console:

I’ve verified that this is also occurring for several other users in various Discord servers.

Update: I was just able to get into a game server, but it’s running super slow.

5 Likes

After several trials, I managed to get into studio, however as you can see, it says my game is not published and that I am not logged in, although if you look at the top right corner, I am clearly logged in.

15 Likes

We are aware and have been looking into this! Thanks for the report.

52 Likes

Some additional information that we’re seeing on our end

• DataStore requests have been failing for the past three hours. They are reporting the following message and they are also completely timing out (ie: not returning any response)

I have a mechanism to determine if there hasn’t been a response from the datastore api within a certain amount of time, and reporting an error if this occurs. I am seeing tons of these errors.

• Players are reporting TeleportService issues. Our game is entirely dependent on TeleportService. Players cannot play the game if teleport service breaks.

• A bunch of other arbitrary API’s are failing as a result of whatever is causing this. Here are some screenshots:

• This may or may not be related to these issues this morning but yesterday, i lost over five hours of work in studio as my work did not save, to the autosaves folder or when pressing the save button. I got a message saying “Failed to bind to workspace. Please restart studio to resolve this issue” and all of my progress was lost.
9 Likes

I’m also seeing the premium icon not showing up on the website or in-game, even if I have it.

5 Likes

Teleport, Marketplace and Chat are all broken in World Zero. It is having a major impact on the performance of our game as nobody can play.

6 Likes

Can’t even join my own game, and if I manage to get in, the datastore breaks and the teleport fails which is really important for my game. And if I manage to get teleported it is really slow to load.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issues. It doesn’t even work in editor. Seems like any call to an external service fails.

1 Like

Can we please get a proper explanation on what’s going on? @Hooksmith

Many fellow developers have been losing out on earnings because of these website issues, and we have absolutely no idea what’s going on :confused:

23 Likes

I had this issue with the website the other day and the client on Android (Pixel 4 XL and Chromebook) was unbearably slow too. It seems okay now, but I have been getting warnings in my output that IsInGroup is not working (in a CoreScript) today.

1 Like

For any developer reading this, you should probably go into your game right now and slap a pcall() around anything that involves a function checking someone owning something with MarketplaceService such as UserOwnsGamePassAsync() to prevent the rest of the script breaking.

Ofc, this is safe practice to do from the beginning, but best to impliment this if you haven’t already even as a temporary solution

2 Likes

Seems the issue has been fixed already.

2 Likes

It always fixes for short periods of time and then goes right back into the fail cycle

1 Like

Not really. This time’s seems to be really fixed basing on my own research. I wasn’t able to upload audio in any way because servers timeouted. Now it’s going smoothly. Completely no issues.

3 Likes

You should do this anyways regardless of any outstanding issues for any function with Async in the name. In the real world network requests sometimes just fail due to freak circumstances, and you’re going to get an error from the API when that happens – your code should anticipate and handle that scenario.

4 Likes

Y’all might already know, but it’s been working for me consistently for about an hour or so - hopefully that means they fixed it

4 Likes

Roblox is still having issues, not going as fast as it normally would but primarily teleporting between places is very frequently failing.

2 Likes