Robloxian 2.0 R6 character is missing part of shirt texture

I made a ROBLOX shirt with two logos on a white jacket. This is the shirt.

The shirt’s texture changes depending on if the character is R6 or R15. The Top orange badge isn’t visible on the texture in-game on R6 characters. However the Orange Wing symbol will appear in R15 games.

This only happens for the Robloxian 2.0 package for R6.

The texture of the shirt, the red outline is the part that disappears in R6.

Video of the glitch; same texture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I6jDOrY-g6sCK49bFL27Pk6w6R3-gAbA/view?usp=sharing

There’s no way of recreating the bug without spending Robux. I put the shirt on the lowest possible price. Put on the ROBLOX 2.0 package.

3 Likes

Can confirm this, I recreated this by using the AssetID of the shirt, inserting an R15 and R6 version of Robloxian 2.0 and then inserted a Shirt Instance and pasted the AssetId. The below image shows the results:

Image from Gyazo

You also can’t view your video since we need to request access

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

1 Like

An update from our engineers: “Making a change to this bundle for this one incident could have unintended consequences for the many other users using the same bundle with other clothing.” I will pass on more info when there is more info to pass on.

3 Likes

Hi there, thanks for filing this bug report. Unfortunately, fixing it isn’t currently on the roadmap. As per our engineers: we are unlikely to do any updating on this issue unless this is more widespread of a problem.

2 Likes

Still a problem. Seems like Roblox doesn’t really care about stuff like this. Sad!
Also, the excuses made by the guy before me sound like complete garbage. How the hell is this not a widespread problem? How the hell would fixing this cause problems for other people? It’s just UV Mapping

There’s a few more issues too. The bottom of the torso has some UV issues. The R15 model has the same issue, but less noticeable due to the way R15 works.

And both hands use the same DOWN portion of the arms too. This causes problems with gloves and tattoos sometimes.

The R15 Version of this has another problem. The Torso UV is squished and doesn’t align with the UP portion of the model. A lot of the other packages don’t align either, but it’s weird it was even changed.

6 Likes

Embarrassing response when this is a widespread issue affecting all users.

When anyone purchases and uses this package, they’re gonna be met with this issue. This package, when in an experience, is going to have this issue. Mackenzie’s even shown other issues with this package’s UVs, not just the sleeves. The bar is set so low for packages/bundles to even be functional, but you’ve found a way underneath.

I would absolutely love an explanation as to how this can have ‘unintended consequences’.

2 Likes