RobloxPlayerBeta.exe "Access is denied"

When I press play on a game, I get this error message:

blob.png

Running Windows 10. Tried re-installing, didn’t work.

Edit: Got a different error after trying to troubleshoot accessibility:

blob.png

Edit 2: rest in peace :pray:

blob.png

5 Likes

This sounds like a problem with your anti-virus.

Try allowing Roblox in your anti-virus program.

3 Likes

I don’t have any anti-virus software (if i do, it’s expired)

this just started happening yesterday

3 Likes

Hmm, that’s strange. Maybe try running it as an Administrator?

1 Like

i am

2 Likes

Can a staff member confirm this is a bug or something? Is there is any way I can fix this on my part? It’s stopping me from thoroughly testing my game

3 Likes

Sounds like something modified the file permissions. Try uninstalling and reinstalling ROBLOX. didn’t read you already tried reinstalling

If that fails, try this:

• On the keyboard, press CTRL+R
  • In run.exe, type “%localappdata%” then hit enter (do not include quotes)
  • In File Explorer, find ROBLOX and delete the folder
  • Reinstall ROBLOX

Additionally, you might want to go ahead and verify system integrity if you didn’t do anything to change this. To verify system integrity,do the following:

• Right click Start button, and click Command Prompt (administrator)
  • If User Account Control pops up, click Allow/Yes
  • In Command Prompt, type “/sfc scannow”, then press enter (do not include quotes)
  • Wait until it finishes

The process will take 5-10 minutes, but will ensure your system integrity is in check. You should also run a full virus scan using the built in Windows Defender. Again, do the following:

• On the bottom right of your screen, click the Notification icon.
  • In Action Center, click All Settings (if you do not see All Settings, click Expand)
  • In the Settings app, click Update and Security
  • Under Update and Security, you should see “Windows Defender”, click on that section.
  • In the Windows Defender section, scroll all the way down until you see “Open Windows Defender”. MAKE SURE TO NOT HIT OFFLINE MODE, OR YOUR PC WILL REBOOT INTO A VIRUS PROTECTION MODE AND DISABLE YOUR COMPUTER TO SCAN, unless you don’t mind waiting to use your PC. (while you’re there, verify everything is toggled to the on position)
  • In Windows Defender, select the options for a Full Scan and hit Scan.
  • Let it scan

I’d rather be on the safe side and ensure there’s nothing changing settings. That would be disastrous :frowning:

If you experience an Permission Denied, this means something changed the security settings for the folder your trying to view. I’ll post an article on how to override Windows security settings when I find it (thanks mobile)

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to try any of that, but thanks for helping.

I actually ended up having to reset my computer and reinstall Windows 10 because my C drive was corrupted, and after it was finished, I was able to play just fine

2 Likes

rip. Is your C drive an HDD? If so, how old? Also, I would go ahead and run the integrity checker on the new install to verify there were no problems during installation.

No clue if it’s an HDD or not, but my computer is about 2 years old. also when I tried to do the integrity check, the Command Prompt said /sfc scannow was not a valid internal or external command

2 Likes

Probably cause i pulled a stupid. Try /scf scannow oh man I pulled a really stupid. It’s “sfc /scannow”

2 Likes

:thinking:

blob.png

1 Like

rippp. I’ve never had my system fail an integrity check, so I haven’t done anything in the past to attempt a fix. However, go ahead and poke around that log. Feel free to post the log here so we can continue diagnostics. Worst case, I’ll have you do a full reinstall using the RefreshWindowsTool so you get a fresh Windows 10 install vs using the recovery partition on your PC.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.