Roblox's Horrific Collisions... (Low Poly Terrain)

I think we can all agree Roblox’s collisions on MeshParts aren’t great. Does anyone know some tips on importing “low poly terrain” I’ve recently been working on terrain and I’ve imported it as an FBX model (about 31 parts in total) and it’s still not enough separation for the collisions to work properly, even with precise collisions on.

Here’s a photo of what I mean:

2 Likes

I had this happen many times and its annoying my go to fix is to subdivide in sections and import it in different sections. I will also recommend a plugin to be able to see the real physics of the Triangle Mesh Part

Plugin by @Maximum_ADHD

Hope this helps you out

2 Likes

To fix the Collisions go into Properties, scroll down and find “Collision Fidelity”, make sure it is set to PreciseConvex.

Here is an image of it for some help

Screenshot (180)

Hope it works :>

It’s already set to that unfortunately.

1 Like

Maybe try to import it as an obj.? that might work.
If not I can’t think of anything else that would fix it.

That’s unrealistic, I’m not importing 31 separate OBJs and I really doubt that’s the problem but thank you for your help.

1 Like

This just shows the collisions I’m looking for something that’ll fix the collisions.

As I have also suggested “my go to fix is to subdivide in sections and import it in different sections.”

Would I have to divide it more than 31 sections? Because that’s what it’s at now.

What program are you using? Blender?

I would divide it more were that collision is happening and then import it in different bits in Roblox studio

Why not use Terrain and change the color/texture of one of the Terrain Materials to make it look bright green like you want?

1 Like

Yep, I’ve been using blender I’m about to try a plugin that converts it to wedges.

Have you tried using recoloured Terrain? Simple to do and Collisions would be perfect.