Roblox's Moderation Needs To Be Fixed

Mass reporting has been a long time big problem for big developers like LSPLASH and Preston for too long. Maybe if there was a feature to view moderation status, like let’s say, a strike system with a little bar on the account settings page showing how many strikes a user has, and instead of straight up banning someone, they can just restrict specific abilities based on the type of offense, then the problem would not be so bad.
For instance, accounts which are moderated for things like scams should be restricted from being able to buy or sell clothing items, trading, purchasing lootboxes, etc. The Policy Service should be updated to include specifically what abilities are restricted due to moderation.

I also need to point out that maybe a captcha question for reporting abuse isn’t enough to stop bots from mass reporting anymore. Literally anyone could mass report content that is legitimate and claim it as either copyright infringement or inappropriate, depending on the context.

1 Like

Just got a 1 day ban for uploading an image of the twitter logo (that nearly every game has, and I have had in the past 6 games I made)… it’s truly incredible

4 Likes

Your not alone sadly
Yeah, it was for a discord logo a got ban on the top left. (I didn’t saw it and cause of a server lag I got banned 1 day too)

Sorry to bump this topic, however this is regarding moderation.
As far as I’m concerned everytime one does report to Roblox regarding a violation of the Terms of Service when some person breaks the rules, I sometimes feel the company lacks the transparency whether they act on this or not.
I’m fed up of such messages such as, what they keep sending in their automated response messages.

Notice the “even though you cannot see if an account is moderated, our team does take action against accounts caught violating the Terms of Use and Community Standards” statement, this is sometimes as to vaguely say “We will take action” yet for users nothing is ever done, and they’re not clear whether or not they’ll take action or not. I had experiences such as reporting certain exploiters, via Roblox support, and get this, with video links for the moderators to check their activities or even straight up screenshots with the chatlogs of the exploiter, and somehow their account is not deactivated or somewhat moderated for the action they’ve done. It is better if they can at least add some transparency by giving such replies, such as “We have taken action against this account for violating according to your report the rule… etc.” or “This account was not moderated for lack of proof etc.”

The Community has been complaining both of moderation not taking place, and better yet wrongful termination of accounts. I believe they should start adding up some improvements regarding their moderation system.

5 Likes

Posting this here because I know my current post is bound to be deleted.

I’m honestly dumbfounded by Roblox’s moderation.

It has gotten to the point to where clothing makers can’t even upload items. I’m still working on assets for a basketball game that a friend and I are almost done with, yet Roblox’s moderation keeps handing out false bans. We’ve already dealt with things randomly getting taken down in our group and solved the issue after contacting Roblox, but I continue to get banned for simple clothing items which approves other versions of them.

The ban message. “Discriminatory”…?

The template

I am honestly fed up with the current state of Roblox’s moderation and it kills all motivation to even create on the platform in any way. From clothing to development, it’s become impossible. What happened to Roblox just deleting clothing assets, even if randomly flagged? Why do they now resort instantly to banning accounts? Also, there’s no reason to even appeal any of them because they won’t respond, if they even do, it’ll be after the ban is lifted.

Something has to be done about this. I’ve already lost my main account, still haven’t heard back on the appeal. Banned the other day for a sleeve, and now banned again for another sleeve. It has become impossible to create on this platform.

TL;DR: Roblox, fix your moderation, we are tired of it.

16 Likes

Voice Chat Moderation is laughably bad- they will essentially auto ban you if you get reported, then refuse to give you a reason for your ban and deny your appeal. Learn more about my experience and the issue here.

19 Likes

The exact same thing just happened to one of my developers, it didn’t even give us an asset name or image so we don’t even know what the ‘discriminatory’ item was. Laughable how Roblox is trying to present themselves as a ‘serious’ engine but still has this garbage moderation that’s either run by a braindead AI or a third-world sweatshop.
They likely brush all these issues under the table and put top games on a ‘privilege’ list where they aren’t subject to the same faulty moderation us filthy commoners are. As long as the big games aren’t getting mad, Roblox sees nothing wrong here.

9 Likes

I mean considering this account was terminated for the name “emoshootas” for “sexual content”, I have no hope for this game, nor its moderation getting any better.

5 Likes

I appealed something like this and they took 2 months to respond to me.

There’s no hope.

4 Likes

That’s because roblox only temporary bans exploiters when caught, meaning we cant tell if they actually get banned or not. Additionally most bans last only a day, three days for repeated offenses.

This was actually proven true a while back. Absolutely foolproof system, totally didn’t backfire on April 21st 2022

2 Likes

It’s honestly annoying how they give us a 30 day time frame and won’t even stick to their own time frame lol.

3 Likes

exactly! what happened to that update roblox gave us at the developer confrence the screenshot that people are allowed to say “lmao” in game but when u type it, it is immediatley censored out. also it keeps falsely censoring out words

3 Likes

That update is not implemented yet and is probably going to be forgotten and never implemented, sadly.

2 Likes

From within the past few months, a group model of mine kept getting content deleted for ‘sexual content’ and I kept getting messages about it each time, I couldn’t figure out what caused it to be deleted until I changed its name thinking roblox moderated it for inappropriate name even though it’s named ‘ImportedUpd8’, I was also once warned or had gotten moderated for an asset from the same group model, for the same reason “sexual content” despite it was literally just named Rubber Arms.

I was also apparently moderated on my alt account for the same thing or from another asset which Roblox doesn’t specifically explain in the moderation note at all but the weird part is that the moderation note says my account has been terminated even though it was a 3-day ban. Pretty weird. I have barely been on my alt account for several months.

3 Likes

It seems like Roblox moderation is just getting worse. Before, you couldn’t even upload anything unless it was named “#”. No, I’m not joking (this was for <13 accounts though). Now, they just let you upload anything with any name and then let it get you banned instead of preventing the upload in the first place.

7 Likes

Hello,
I already thought about making a Feature request to add a tool that tells you if your asset is good for Roblox or not.

(Sorry for my bad english)

3 Likes

According to Roblox, a lot of meaningless names for all sorts of things are considered “sexual content”, I lost my main account (this one) of 13 or so years due to the name being “sexual content”. Roblox moderation is a joke.

7 Likes

Yeah I got banned for 3 days for uploading a PNG of a Roblox avatar and it got flagged as sexual content.

yeah roblox moderation 100% better than any other moderation out there

Haha checkmate roblox moderation! You cannot delete this post because its related to the post above!