Roblox's Moderation Needs To Be Fixed

That update is not implemented yet and is probably going to be forgotten and never implemented, sadly.

2 Likes

From within the past few months, a group model of mine kept getting content deleted for ‘sexual content’ and I kept getting messages about it each time, I couldn’t figure out what caused it to be deleted until I changed its name thinking roblox moderated it for inappropriate name even though it’s named ‘ImportedUpd8’, I was also once warned or had gotten moderated for an asset from the same group model, for the same reason “sexual content” despite it was literally just named Rubber Arms.

I was also apparently moderated on my alt account for the same thing or from another asset which Roblox doesn’t specifically explain in the moderation note at all but the weird part is that the moderation note says my account has been terminated even though it was a 3-day ban. Pretty weird. I have barely been on my alt account for several months.

3 Likes

It seems like Roblox moderation is just getting worse. Before, you couldn’t even upload anything unless it was named “#”. No, I’m not joking (this was for <13 accounts though). Now, they just let you upload anything with any name and then let it get you banned instead of preventing the upload in the first place.

7 Likes

Hello,
I already thought about making a Feature request to add a tool that tells you if your asset is good for Roblox or not.

(Sorry for my bad english)

3 Likes

According to Roblox, a lot of meaningless names for all sorts of things are considered “sexual content”, I lost my main account (this one) of 13 or so years due to the name being “sexual content”. Roblox moderation is a joke.

7 Likes

Yeah I got banned for 3 days for uploading a PNG of a Roblox avatar and it got flagged as sexual content.

yeah roblox moderation 100% better than any other moderation out there

Haha checkmate roblox moderation! You cannot delete this post because its related to the post above!

well could you look at this!

roblox moderation is removing your account for sexual content meanwhile real sexual content gets ignored!

Judging by the screenshot, your posts were rightfully taken down since they have nothing to do with the original topic

1 Like

doesnt change the fact they still didnt take down these accounts

please consider the fact that they are violating the roblox tos

Unfortunately, rioting on the devforum about it ain’t gonna do anything either, bub. It makes you look just as petty in my opinion. The fate of said accounts relies on the cosmic dice that is Roblox moderators if they even review or check it out. I understand the moderation is just messed up and that we’re all waiting for something to change but… cmon.

2 Likes

Yes I really hope he gets reported (hacker)

i also noticed some exploiters in jailbreak using inifnite jump on mobile still not banned

critical ops (mobile game) anticheat is gonna detect me and ban me faster than roblox anti exploit detection all i need to do is just enable hitbox expander and make it so it expands their head 100% and critical ops anticheat detects me on instant

It’s been nearly four years and Roblox appeals people still refuse to do anything for my account. :confused:

I am always wishing for all of you who have had to deal with moderation issues to have better luck than I have over the years. I know that people who are wrongfully moderated can often feel rather alone and helpless, so please accept my support and sympathy.

6 Likes

My account “ggi4n” was banned on May 11, 2023, with the reason stated as ‘Your account has been deleted for creating, promoting, or participating in inappropriate behavior or content. This is a violation of our Terms of Use.’ I didn’t upload any games, assets, or engage in inappropriate games, and I haven’t done uploading any games and assets in the past months. This happened after I played at our local internet cafe. After returning home, I opened Roblox on my phone, only to find that my account had been terminated.
I have consistently sent appeals every month, only to receive rejections with the reason given as “Account affiliated with others creating and participating in inappropriate content on Roblox.” I haven’t collaborated with anyone, as I am a solo developer. My games are still active today, and the only ones published on my account were two games that are still active and have a million visits. If there is a Roblox moderator here, please review my account.

My Account: ggi4n's Roblox Profile - RblxTrade

8 Likes

Yes, i do agree with you. roblox needs to update their moderation system to prevent these false bans and only ban them for an actual wrongdoing, obviously their moderation system is oversensitive.

3 Likes

Yes I definitely agree, Roblox desperately needs to put at least a bit of effort into their moderation system. The quality and behaviour of this system is absolutely unacceptable. It should be improved majorly.

3 Likes

A post from 2018 is still relevant today. Roblox instead wants to make a damn dating website and animated faces over fixing actual problems that shouldn’t exist in the first place. Each and every one of our accounts are at risk, simply for putting work into our games; many of which are the entire reason why Roblox is still alive today. Imagine a world where Roblox didn’t let developers make games; No Doors, no tycoons, none of anything. Roblox was built by you all, and they’ve essentially left us in the dark. 5 entire years this thread has been alive, a clear indicator that something needs to be done. Yet not a single staff member has spoken here.
Just to be clear, I have full respect for the staff here. But the actual development teams and CEO may actually just have no care for the backbone of ‘their’ community.

People play Roblox for the games and friends, not whatever this 17+ thing is. Not to date people. Not to spend money. To play games and make friends. To make memories. To think that I didn’t notice this problem until becoming a developer devastates me, as it’s been one for almost as long as I’ve had an account (if not longer).

It’s always “Wait for it to get better! c:” and not “We are sorry for the pain we have caused you, we will begin working on this immediately.” To them, making 3D clothes is more important. Not even exaggerating. It’s sickening. Sure, yea, it’s their platform and they can do what they want; yea, most of us will still develop anyway. But it doesn’t make the problem any less relevant.

For the love of god, I uploaded a piano track I made edited into into a bassy rumble and it got COPYWRITTEN somehow. It’s like going outside and getting arrested for wearing a blue shirt. I’ve been banned for uploading something ABOVE THE UNLISTED DECIBLE LIMIT. I’ve been warned COUNTLESS times for (mostly) THEIR MISTAKES.
Then comes the punishment problems. I’ve accidentally uploaded loud, unedited sounds and was ready to apologize but instead basically got flicked off and cursed at (figuratively, and also you can make sounds deafening and 100% distorted in game). I make mistakes, and I’m treated like I want to harm the community???

“Misusing Roblox Systems” “Intellectual Property Violations”
“These standards outline expectations to ensure that everyone on Roblox feels welcome and safe and is treated with respect.”
We’re all tired of this. Actually exhausted for being punished for contributing to your community FOR OUR OWN ENJOYMENT. It’s actually insane. A lot of us don’t even care if we get paid, we just want people to see our work and appreciate it. Doing so is apparently a cardinal sin to the community.

Why can’t we just be kept updated on the progress of the year-long bugfixing that apparently exists??

Are us developers anything to you? Anything? We LITERALLY make you money, with games, accessories, anything. Not asking for anything in return, other than this one task.

Fix.
Your.
Platform.

Stop making “reVoLuTIonaRy” nonsensical and/or pointless additions and instead work towards making the community functional first. Sure, facial recognition gets some laughs, But the people making the games that you can use the facial recognition in are losing their accounts falsely by the hour.

9 Likes

I just wanted to bring attention to a side of Roblox’s moderation that may not have been covered as much here - audio and IP.

I attempted to upload several audio assets on Roblox; two were taken down for “Intellectual Property violations”. This is incorrect because they both fall under the public domain due to being surrendered as an asset under Creative Commons 0 and their age, respectively.

Audio 1/“Flies”: Freesound - Flies by miklovan

Audio 2/“Classical Overture”: https://youtu.be/b-9n6GWHZQg?si=TF5q000j2lIk-W7P - There might be some confusion regarding its affiliation with the game Five Nights at Freddy’s, which may be the case. I did some web surfing, and it appears that others are getting this issue as well, despite it being in the public domain.

Unfortunately, when I tried to appeal for support, I was informed that the moderation action was permanent after “reviewing all the available evidence” (clearly not). Thankfully, it was a warning via the on-platform messenger system.

I believe Roblox uses a similar system to interpret audio uploads as YouTube, which clearly has its flaws. I hope this can be changed sooner rather than later for the benefit of every Roblox user.

3 Likes