Roblox's Moderation Needs To Be Fixed

roblox is honestly just very inconsistent abt game banning n’ stuff.
you could get banned for a day from an old game you forgot abt, while a year later you get a warning from another that has been automatically deleted.

4 Likes

That kind of thing is common with moderation on other platforms where they won’t tell you specifically what has been banned has to be the most frustrating bit. That’s why I label Roblox’s moderation, and moderation across the internet in general, as “Kafkaesque”. That is a word I think more people should get to know and use more frequently.

It should be a requirement for all platforms to specifically show what item has broken the rules and when and where it occurred. The person being accused should not have to figure it out themselves.

5 Likes

Seems familiar to a vest I made 7 years ago then renamed ‘tactical vest’. Immediate 7 day ban.

I got my account terminated for owning a Civil War game with a few million visits. No battle flags or anything, it was just a fighting game. No warning or anything; instantly terminated lol. They refused to speak to me about it after I appealed.

2 Likes

I actually sent you a message way back then asking for advice about Roblox’s tolerance to civil war content! After that is when I changed the subject of my own game to no longer be about the civil war, since I was worried I’d get terminated too. Looks like I got a slap on the wrist anyway.

I just got moderated for alleged terrorism, and it doesn’t even tell me what exactly caused it.

2 Likes

I also think moderation needs to be fixed, see these 2 stories

My story

I got once a warning only bcz i put a youtube link for some roblox music i heard.
I only have a photo from my phone, that’s why i don’t have a image/video about that, but luckily it’s only a warning, but i think roblox can stop banning people for chatting youtube links.

Youtuber story

Also i have a moderation issue i wanna say: Recently a youtuber got IP BANNED!!! Only bcz from a shirt that she uploaded years ago, when they were too younger and she didn’t knowed about copyright (reason of the ban.) Instead of an IP Ban by DMCA Report, they could only give a warning or 1 to 7 day ban.

Yes, this kind of of moderation message needs to stop. It doesn’t cite anything you’ve done wrong.

What might happen is that in your Personal Messages, Roblox may have listed the item or items moderated but won’t allow you to see it until after the ban is over. That is if they listed it in a personal message.

This leaves up a situation where you have no idea what caused the ban to occur and the appeals process only allows you one chance to to appeal. In a way Roblox is tricking you into denying your appeal when you have zero information to work on.

This is a direct example of how Roblox Moderation is “Kafkaesque”, very similar to the book “The Trial”

1 Like

I agree. Roblox moderation should be fixed. I just got banned for one day just for posting group shout that was counted as scamming:

As you can see theres nothing regarding to scam. Theres only about congratulations for reaching 10k members in group and gamepasses discount.

I tried to appeal it, but they rejected it:

I don’t know but they really can’t check if group shout fits with the reality before doing any moderation action?

3 Likes

One of my groups ‘Kingdom of Spain’, in December of 2023, was falsely locked by Roblox on the assumption that it was promoting “Fascism”, specifically “Falangism and Francoism” even though my group has nothing to do with those ideologies. I had no communication servers. I wasn’t particularly active with the group.

Anyone was welcome to join, up to 170 people did.

Granted I believe this comes from a misunderstanding.
Three little words I think may have tripped the algorithm in the moderation.

I got an extension that allows me to see locked groups so I can take a look at the ranks and description of the group.
The description is modeled from a Wikipedia page information panel that’s found on the right-hand side for all the countries in the world.
It lists the Capital City, Language, National Anthem, Form of Government etc.
In the Government type category it had “Constitutional Monarchy, Theocracy” and a rank called “Grand Inquisitor
This was definitely a mistake on my part and wasn’t careful enough. It does not reference Spain’s history from the 1930s to 1970s, but they’re not words that inspire inclusivity.

I just wish that Roblox would give another chance and just did what they used to do and just make the description and/or rank “Content Deleted”.

It was a nice group to have because it was an authentic ‘Name Snipe’ group, as in that my ‘Kingdom of Spain’ was the original group with that name. All other groups that wanted to have that name had to use extra lettering, acronyms, or fake letters.

I was banned for saying, “Stop joking about 9/11”, as well as answering “Yes”, in Spanish in Roblox chat, I think what was a bit worse was when I appealed the first time, it was refused, but when I appealed the second time, it was finally taken into account and my account was unbanned. I guess, I’m happy someone in the appeals team took me seriously. However I’m disappointed of the fact that my account was banned just because of trying to stop others from making jokes about a terrorist tragedy, they mistakenly banned me for that(I presume the moderation who gave me a ban was a bot) and if it weren’t for someone in the appeals that finally took my issue seriously, I wouldn’t have been unbanned. Plus you’ll notice in the following, how is this connected to terrorism or extremism to anything in what I said?!

1 Like