Robot Design Feedback!

Robot Design Feedback!

Hello Developers!

I’m making a game based of robots taking over a lab and making into there base, then years later you find it and along side a agency raid it, it goes wrong. You end up alone, working to end this take over.

That’s the story so far, but let me get to the point- I’ve made this basic guard/worker robot- quite simple and I was wondering how do you (Other Developers) like it? Please keep in mind I have 7 months of studio experience.

How It Was Made

I started with the head, put it onto a head of a rig (So I could size it right) then I made the arms did the same and then I did the body, finally I took a break and the next day did the legs.

The type of parts I used were,

• Rectangle Part
  • Wedge Part

Materials And Colors

• Metal (For most of the build)
  • Neon (For the Red Lights)
  • 2 Greys (For the main parts and details)
  • Red, Green, Blue (For the Wires)

So, what do you think?

• Amazing
  • Decent
  • Okay
  • Eh
  • Rubbish

0 voters

I’m open to suggestions in the replies, also I am not hiring for this project.

2 Likes

Looks really nice! Futuristic looking and looks robotic!

1 Like

Loving the simplicity of it and could go well in an arsenal style of look and feel. But good luck bro. Amazing work so far.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I apricate it.

Thank you for the feedback! And also for the nice themes you assocated it with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great and simple :smiley: ! It looks like a perfect layout to add further and features throughout the robot if you’re looking for that. Heres some advice from one builder to the next:

• Did you use solid modeling (Union and negate)? It could help a lot with some features of the robot.

• Try learning blender (If you haven’t already.) to make some really unique and complex shapes for certain parts of the robot that are impossible to make in Studio.

• As I stated before, add more features! If your still sticking with a simple design a few more features shouldn’t hurt. Feel free to take inspiration from other robots and pictures you find online. It can help you a lot to add those finishing details you never know you needed!

So far it has amazing promise! I look forward to see what you do with the project. Good luck! :grin:

1 Like

I struggle with blender but I’ll try.

No but I want to learn how to!

Thank You

1 Like

The robot looks decent! The face is basic, and the arms seem to be a part of the torso, but other than that , it’s pretty good.