RoGold - Development Tools

I just looked at the extension files. I found nothing suspicious.

You’re welcome.

Anything from the chorme web store you can use on any chromium based browser such as chrome, chromium, edge, brave.

Any plans on adding this extension to Firefox?

Firefox runs on Quantum, not Chromium.

1 Like

I, and others, do not want to have to install an extension to view files. We should be able to find them without the need to install them, hence the reason for open-sourcing the extension.

1 Like

Love this thing, I can finally play that one game I saw without struggling to find it again (already all this, i just saw this devforum post rn LOL)

1 Like

I think this one is still experimental:

In other words, it is of charge.

I think you forgot that people can install the extension and check the source code anyways. Nothing you can do about it so may as well just open source it.

I can give you the folder of the source code if you like.

I found a way to make it free. You should probably patch it.

Scanning library plugins like that is built into the extension and is free. The other thing is library analyses which is currently experimental but will be free when done.

1 Like

Can’t patch that since everything is local. A reason for it being not open source is also to minify this. I want to make cool tools and stuff that helps and works for developers. I’m order to do this I NEED to have these micro-transactions. Open sourcing it would even further limit how many actually buy it and how many simply edit the code the receive the benefits for free.

1 Like

I looked at the source code with my own eyes, and as a scripter, I can recognize suspicious code. There isn’t anything suspicious in here.

Even so, what makes this extension any different from RoPro? BTRoblox? Neither of those of Open Source.

Either way, I can verify as a programmer that this extension is safe :\

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, however I do not believe I will install this plugin!

1 Like

That’s fine. You’ve made your choice and I can respect that.

Please note that I’m not a developer nor the creator of this extension.

Also, its a chrome extension. Not a plugin.

Yeah, that’s not what I meant. I just stated that I’m not installing it, and I appreciate you looking into it!

I call “extentions” plugins, they’re pretty much the same thing ;|

1 Like

BTRoblox is open source. Please research before posting.

2 Likes

Oh sorry. I misinterpreted it. I thought that you thought it was a Studio Plugin. My bad.

Either way, I respect your choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

My apologies. What about the others though?

And technically this extension is open-source even if he doesn’t put it open-source himself.

I don’t believe my decision to keep my work personal is sketchy but alright. You don’t need to use it if you don’t trust it. I’m not sure why this thread turned into a discussion about open source in the first place. I just wanted to share some tools with the community that I work hard on to develop.

1 Like