Rojo is incredibly slow at syncing changes suddenly

Hello! I’ve been using Rojo for the past weeks, and now suddenly it takes a lot longer to sync in changes which has led to me starting a playtest and my changes just not coming with me which has been really confusing.

It’s gone from instant syncing to taking a full minute before it reacts sometimes, is anyone else having this issue or found a solution?

So far, I’ve tried reinstalling the Roblox plugin and also rojo itself, tried different versions, both standalone Rojo and the VS Code extension both of different versions (7.2.0, Rojo boatly 7.3.0, Rojo 7.0.0), tried restarting everything, reinstalling studio, it’s just not working.

Edit: Demonstration of what I mean, I made changes and yet I need to repetitively make random changes a few times to get it to react, which even then takes time.
RobloxStudioBeta_f3nCW9sMrU

4 Likes

There is a similar problem here, sometimes it does not sync and it takes ages to just connect to the IDE, it really irritates me, because sometimes it doesn’t synchronize at all.

1 Like

Are you serving Rojo using the VSCode plugin, or via CLI?

If you have not tried both, I recommend that.
Additionally, it may be worth exploring updating the Rojo server via your Text Editor.

If the plugin on Studio is the issue, maybe visit their GitHub page and download their stable plugin build and adding the .rbxmx to your Roblox Plugins folder: Releases · rojo-rbx/rojo · GitHub

If none of these solutions work, Rojo is not monopolized:

I have tried both the VS Code Rojo and standalone executable, I’ll edit my post to mention that.

For now I’ve simply abandoned external code syncing in favor of waiting for Roblox’s official implementation, thanks though!

1 Like

I had not tried using the CLI, however, the issue seems to have been resolved for me. However, I am not certain whether it was a ROJO Update that fixed it. Thanks though! :slight_smile: