[Rojo] Putting a script into StarterCharacterScripts?

Hi, I’m trying to put a script into StarterCharacterScripts with Rojo, but for some reason it isn’t working.

I don’t really see what I’m doing wrong. Even after renaming it from attack.lua to init.starterchar.lua or init.client.lua it won’t work.

The red underlines aren’t a problem btw ($className is missing), Rojo automatically puts it like this after doing Rojo > Initialize, I just added the StarterCharacterScripts “table”.

Thanks!

1 Like

I think I had the same issue a while back. It’s been a while since I have used Rojo but the solution I came up with was just to run a modulescript with the code everyime the character is spawned (with the main client script that executes the module being in starterplayerscripts, which runs when you join)

2 Likes

Figured it out somehow, so the problem was that it was named “Client” too, just like the previous one I think. If I keep it attack.lua it will be a module inside of a folder in StarterCharacterScripts called “Something”, renaming it to init.client.lua makes it replace that folder.

Works!

2 Likes