RoLink - New Upcoming Discord Bot

I’m aware that group shouts don’t require captcha. I was referring to joining the group, if you were trying to make it completely automated.

I have a bypass planned for that, Well not a bypass just another way to do it.

1 Like

Nickname verification command also added, @HoudiniDev Thanks for the suggestion on this!

1 Like

I visited the link, but it doesn’t appear to show anything substantial. How is progress doing?

Havn’t worked on the Front end much today, I am more bothered working on the Core rn / Ingame API, since I am doing it on my own It will take time to finish, BUT I plan on releasing BETA by Tonight, Just waiting for your suggestions! So i can add them!

Right now I just finished the GuildModerator Dashboard, (Bot Admin+) So we can manage the Guilds, If they are abusing the bot We can make it leave, etc.

Now gonna start the Commands for today! Planned List :

GROUP MODERATION
AcceptJoin
DeclineJoin
GetJoins
Promote
Demote
Exile
Shout

(All will work via your own Bot Account)

This sounds like a great idea, a load of useful and handy things all in one free and amazing bot. Keep up the great work and I wish you luck for the project.

1 Like

Update is now NEARLY Pushed, Just got to finish the DB Side then you lot can Test it, There will be bugs, Just report them via my Discord or On here!

PROMOTE / DEMOTE, Are now Stable and pushed. Rebooting as I Type, Some users may have issues with the bot not replying, if so Just send a Dm over, Theres a Issue with the Database, Working to get it fixed.

Are we currently able to get the bot for our own servers? @HmmBilly

The UI that you posted looks kinda cluttered, you should consider using something like Bootstrap to get a constant theme throughout the site.

A suggestion for something Iv never seen done before would be actually useful custom commands. For example, users would be able to write lua code on the website which would then be triggered by a command. The code is then executed in a sandboxed environment and would provide a set of APIs for things like interacting with discord and http requests, etc. Just an idea.

Edit: nvm looks like you’re already using Bootstrap.

1 Like

Yes, just invite it via the site (on mobile)

It looks cluttered on my pc moniter fur to its only a basic dell miniter for just coding if i zoom out it looks nicer

Custom Commands might come, im more focused on getting it up 24/7 Recently its been throwing some db errors then powers off, (its kinda sorted but i will look into it later).

I am getting PTSD seeing at what this bot is going to do.

To clarify, this would require the bot to have your login info correct?
In the past there has been a bot like this on Discord and it has caused serious security concerns (massive account leaks) on how login information was stored, this was also due to how sketchy the devs were and the way it was handled.
I am one of the Lead Server Admins on the Roblox discord (unofficial) and had to deal with the massive fallout that came our way crying about their accounts being hacked.

2 Likes

This bot looks cool!

I have a few questions for you, though.

• What does this bot currently, in public version have that makes it better than, say, Bloxlink or RoVer?
  • What features do you have planned that are unique to your bot?
  • What benefits do I have for using your bot over those, especially when a vast majority of Roblox that also has Discord is already verified with these bots?
  • I noticed that your bot is currently being hosted off of Glitch. How is your bot going to stay up (logistically) if it begins to grow and get a lot of users? Do you have the ability to keep up with the hardware requirements due to the growth of your bot?

You should always keep in mind that Discord server admins are usually searching for bots that fulfill a certain purpose (or, in some cases, multi-purpose) in a clean, efficient, and convenient way. Your competition already checks all of these boxes, so if you are seriously considering pursuing the development of this bot, you need to check all of these boxes and more. This will prove to be difficult because of the previously mentioned fact that most of the Roblox population that also has Discord is already verified with RoVer or Bloxlink, and not your bot.

I see that you have begun development of a web panel for your bot, and it looks very nice! I recommend maybe using something like bootstrap, as someone said above, to make the panel look better across all devices. I should be able to get a clean view of the panel on my phone if I am on the go.

The above quote also stuck out to me as it is a very important issue that should be covered. Obviously we would have to provide a cookie or login info of some sort to have the management commands function, so how do you plan on storing our data? Will it be secure? Why should I trust you? These are all important things that Discord server admins need to know to protect the integrity of their members along with themselves.

I look forward to seeing how your bot progresses and if it gets to a point where it checks all of the boxes I mentioned, I might consider using it. So far, your work looks great, but there are only a few things that make your bot stick out from others, so continue working to make your bot unique while still being clean and effective at fulfilling its purpose.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point actually, how can we know if the bot is secure with all the info.

The site should work with all screen sizes. Develop for mobile and scale up

Also, if you are going to be storing account info then stop now. The security risks involved will end up, at the end of the day, with hundreds of leaked accounts and it being your fault. Never store account information like passwords, you shouldn’t need to

The Server Owner / Group Owner, will have to provide a Cookie to make it function as a group bot, Unless I make an Account that can support the groups and just make it Automatically join the group, The Cookie is entered into the DB were it turns into Hashtags in a Hidden File I can not see. I don’t believe there will be any Data Leak since I will never hire devs to work on the bot, I will do the work myself. And the Data will be Hashtagged, (Post a Screenshot when I get on PC). I can’t see into the Future that a Data Leak will ever happen, But If it does, the Data will be secured and they would have to spend a while Trying to get the data.