Roll! Devlog #2 - Improving the map generation / Marble physics

Roll Devlog #2 - Improving map generation / Ball physics

Roll is an experience in development where you control a ball rolling down a randomly-generated infinite course filled with obstacles and unique challenges. You compete against other players to be the last player standing. The winner earns credits, which can be spent on cosmetic items for your ball.

Part 1 - Ball Physics Improvements

Switched the movement system from BodyVelocity to BodyForce, making the physics more ball-like so that the speed of the ball slowly increases, but it stops and bounces if it hits something, depending on speed. A more realistic version of the movement system for more exciting gameplay.

Part 2 - Map Generation Improvements

Removed the previous 2 stages, and added 4 new ones with more detail and challenges to complete. The system will now work no matter how long each stage is, allowing for more customizability. Not only that, each stage is now oriented down, so that the balls roll “down” the “hill”.

Part 3 - QOL Changes & Improvements

Added a new skybox and atmosphere for a more immersive experience. Fixed many bugs and issues with the internal game code. Soon I will be finally adding multiplayer support. Stay tuned!

7 Likes

I like the fast paced nature of the game, but what will players be able to buy with the ingame currency?

2 Likes

Players can buy cosmetic items such as ball skins with credits.

I have some ideas for really cool skins and I can’t wait to show you all them!

1 Like

Wow i can feel your ambition through that message, best of luck with the game cant wait too see its full release

2 Likes

Seems like a really fun game, can’t wait to check it out!

2 Likes