Roll off distance is broken or bugged (Probably)

Some of my sounds seem to be glitching or bugging. I would assume it has to do with the roll off distance, but I need it where it’s at so… any help?

Here’s my sound settings

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 3.41.52 PM

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 3.42.01 PM

Here’s a video to show you what I mean

They were fine before but I changed some of my scripts to have the monster spawn farther behind without a wait function before it starts navigating through the rooms. I will say the sounds are quite distorted but I don’t know how that would change anything.

1 Like

I’ve been having some issues that sound just like this as well, involving distance. Unfortunately, I don’t know of a solution.
Here’s what I experienced though:

Ok, so I have a slight workaround, which is to create a part whenever I need a sound to play (so long as the game has loaded) in the position I need it to play at, and that seems to work for me despite it being tedious. You could try that, although I’m not sure if it works for loops or not.

Im kind of already doing that. The monster is a single part with the sounds and particle emitters in it. Whenever a spawn the entity, I clone it from replicated storage and place it in the workspace. Then I play all of the sounds.

1 Like