RopeConstraint not visible behind Glass Material

• Describe the bug: I can view RopeConstraints behind Glass Materials in studio, but not in game. The reason I am doing this is because I’m using the rope as a showerhead hose in a shower stall. It looks a bit silly when the shower door opens and the hose appears/disappears depending on whether the glass is in front of the rope.

• How often does the bug happen: Always.

• When did the bug start happening: Probably after Glass was introduced, but this is the first time I’ve put a Visible RopeConstraint behind Glass that is Medium Stone Grey with a Transparency of 0.6.

I realize Glass is new and you’re working on the Transparency issues with it, but shouldn’t RopeConstraints be visible at all times when the Visible Checkbox is selected?

3 Likes

Well things like decals can’t be seen behind the glass.
I think it’s safe to assume constraints fit into the same category as decals due to them not being an actual object.

I’d hazard a guess and say glass doesn’t work with all (pre?-)post-processing effects

What do I know, though, lol

But I can see decals and meshes behind the glass…

Oh, really?
That was an issue back when glass released, must have been fixed recently.

Like I said, what do I know? lol

All constraints with the Visible property = true should now be visible through glass in Studio and in game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.