Ropedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

Ropedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.

Ever wanted to check out something? Like history informations, events, celebrations, etc… But when you search it on Google the first thing is usually a Wikipedia page long like an english poem and you can’t, you don’t want to read it all so you end up not knowing what you searched for; eventually the day after you have a history test and one of the questions is related to the article you was searching but didn’t read. All of this just to say that Wikipedia is a really good place for informations and detailed explanations of things, but sometimes you got to cut it off or otherwhise no one will read it, no one will find it intresting.

Well, Ropedia is the answer.

With Ropedia type a keyword into our search box, press search and find what you wanted right away. In a few lines of text well typed you can find anything and everything you need, and maybe, you’ll get an A at your next test.

Contribute, for a prize?

Well, you’re right! If no one contributes this encyclopedia will end up in the trash with just 1 article. So, even you can write a simple article, maybe about water, salt, pepper, your grandma best food, a famous celebrity, etc…; To spice things up the first person that reaches 50 contributes will be awarded with 100R$ (advise: those need to be serious contributes, dosen’t mean you have to write a poem, but please write more that one line of text.)

Roblox is evolving, and it’s community too; but let’s not forget what roblox had been created to power immagination.

If you missed the links, check the game out and try to win the prize.

Current Articles: 38 (updated daily)

8 Likes

It’s quite bare-bones of a text editor, but a pretty cool idea. Your game also seems to fail to save contributions sometimes.

2 Likes

Ho letto questa cosa poi mi sono accorto che è stata postata da Admiral Sloppy

1 Like

I know im looking to improve it.

You can use Roblox.fandom.com?

It seems kind of unintuitive to make this a game since typically you pull up a wiki when playing a game.

3 Likes

Right idea, poor execution.

The first issue is it being a Roblox game, as opposed to a website. This makes it less accessible because it creates a time gap, as well as extra steps and data usage, to finding quick information. Many encyclopedias perform well on the internet because it takes only a few seconds to get the information needed.

This is also extremely basic, both in functionality and in design. The UI unintuitive, ugly, and spacious, unfortunately.

An issue is present in which articles fail to save. Because of this, I joined to see zero articles present.

And to top it off, I don’t see why I would even touch this if other alternatives already exist, and serve their purpose just fine.

For these reasons, I can’t help but say this is an insufficient resource.

2 Likes

i was bored,i contribute keyword Apple lol

Yes its from wikipedia

btw really annoying cuz the text aligns right side.
But cool idea,i would think that not many would join the game cuz opening the wiki is much faster than opening a game and searching it
A feature should be added where players can see a list of most searched words

There is also another concern where players can write info for innapropriate keywords for roblox

1 Like

good idea but we have wikipedia and google

1 Like

Suggestion
Make this a free plugin that people can use to search in the studio or even in a game!
Because nobody on earth would join a 2D game to search something up when there’s Google.
But I would find a search GUI while playing a game very useful :smiley: