RoPilot Coding Agent - An AI coding Agent for Roblox Studio [Plugin]

I built an AI coding Agent for Roblox Studio. It’s called ‘RoPilot Coding Agent’, and it’s available for free now.

With it, users can have code written for their experiences with only natural language requests.

45 Second Demo Video:

It sends the user’s request and all the relevant code from the developer’s Roblox experience to whatever AI model the user wants, using their API key.

It then receives the AI’s code suggestions, implements them, and allows the user to review and remove changes.

This plugin is different than the Roblox Assistant in two major ways:

1. It’s code changes take into account the context of the experience’s scripts.

2. It can complete multiple tasks as a result of one prompt (Change or create multiple new scripts).

I’m available for job opportunities & feedback via DM.

This plugin was inspired by the RDC24 talk on accelerating development with AI, Cursor, CoPilot, and the Roblox Assistant.

Link to try it now:

What’s next:

1. Building a mixture of agents approach into the tool. A planning agent, a judging agent, and multiple coding agents using multiple different LLM providers at once, to select even better recommendations.

2. Making it autonomous, this would require the ability to run the environment, extract debug information, write and judge test cases, etc…

How it works:

1. The plugin reads all of the context of your game to start a prompt (Scripts, Assets, etc…)

2. It adds whatever your natural language text prompt is to the context of your game. (Whatever you asked it to do)

3. It sends that combined prompt to the API model of your choosing (OpenAI GPT-4o, Anthropic Claude 3.5 Sonnet, or Google Gemini 1.5 Pro)

4. It uses your API key for that service.

5. It receives the response from the model via API, and breaks it into individual changes to complete.

6. It understands which script to make each change in, and places the changes for you.

7. It logs each change for you to review and either “Go-To” to investigate, or “Undo” to remove.

3 Likes

Looks good, though you really should make the UI better.

3 Likes

Looks good but is there no version where an api key isn’t needed?

Hello, I’m making a new plugin to help me with my own shenanigans (one example is viewmodels to R6)
I was wondering if this could access parts and motors in the workspace in the middle of an animation and write relative cframes inside keyframes in real time

Correct, the API providers charge based on the amount of content you send & receive from the API. Therefor if I released a version with my own API key in it, I’d be opening myself to having a bill ran up against my account.

It would maybe be possible to setup a way for users to connect to a local Llama model running on their device via HTTP requests maybe.

1 Like

At this point, it does not have that capability. It’s mainly only reading scripts/localscripts/module scripts.

I however would assume that a version of what you’re describing is theoretically possible though considering plugins like MoonAnimator are able to access those properties.

Can you maybe share the rates or something, like whats the minimum that i have to add to the credit balance

Each API provider has their own token rates, context limits, etc. and they change frequently.

Number of tokens depends massively on how many scripts/how long the scripts are in your game.

If I’m making guesses, each request for an average game is 10 cents to 50 cents worth.

https://openai.com/api/pricing/

1 Like