roPrompts | Roblox Prompts Simplified

roPrompts v1.1 Patch

Instead of having to wait a few seconds for a prompt to close and return the user’s response, it will now do it instantly! This should make roPrompts feel even more seamless. If you have any suggestions, feedback, or comments, please leave a reply or join the Discord Server.

2 Likes

This is brilliant! It really looks and feels like a Roblox prompt. I left a like and got the model.

1 Like

I like it a lot! I love making my ui fit well with roblox, as if you look at basically any projects i’ve done relating to ui I always try making it seamless with the leaderboard and top bar and stuff like that
If only roblox updated the chat and backpack ui, then it would look great

UPanel by me

I actually made something like this about a year back, with my old admin panel called SimplyAdmin. I did this with my warns and announcements
SimplyAdmin warn box
SimplyAdmin by me

But yeah I like this a lot! I’ll probably be using this

3 Likes

Hello! I love this resource a lot and I think it’s really nice what you’ve done here however I have to let you know that this system is very controversial.

You make your system look identical to a Roblox Core UI prompt and although this is nice, it raises a very big security issue. That issue is users using this maliciously for password phising via webhook, model insertion via plugin, and so on. I really recommend changing this as this resource may put other users at harm.

Other than that, cool resource.

This is really cool!

Does this automatically handle Server>Client or does it have to be run on the client?

One other suggestion would be to upload this to GitHub so that people can view the source code, contribute via pull requests, etc.

1 Like

I’m aware of the malicious intentions that some users may have with roPrompts. I’ve implemented and will continue to implement different systems to try and avoid as much of this as possible. I thought about adding a text value prompt, that would prompt users for text, but decided against this as this would result in a crap-ton of scams that I really don’t want this to be used for scams. Thanks!

1 Like

This can only be used on the client. I used a RemoteFunction to make it so if you clicked a button on the client, it would go to the server, and then you could continue from the client. I haven’t published the source code on GitHub because the model includes all of the source code. Thanks for your support!

How do I detect when a button is pressed?

1 Like

If you’re using a confirmation prompt, it should return either a true or a false value when the user presses a button.

2 Likes

How would you check if it is true or false?

2 Likes

Looks great! Definitely going to try this out later.

2 Likes

Something like

if roPrompts:PromptPlayer(player, prompt) then
     print('Woah they did it')
end

Ah I see. Thanks! This will be useful!

Hey so I just did that and for some reason it printed like 8 or more times when I pressed the confirm button.

print('Woah they did it')
     wait()
end

Edit: Nvm. Wrong script. I’m dumb.

That’s strange. Can I see your code? Here’s the code that I used for testing it (and it only did it once):

game.ReplicatedStorage.roPrompts.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(plr)
	local prompt = roPrompts.New({
		Type = roPrompts.PromptType.Confirm,
		Title = 'Are you sure?',
		Description = 'Are you sure you would like to complete this action?',
		PrimaryButton = 'Confirm',
		SecondaryButton = 'Cancel'
	})

print(roPrompts:PromptPlayer(plr, prompt)) -- prints true/false depending on what they chose, once
end)

roPrompts v1.2 Patch

Fixed a bug where the UI would sometimes glitch if you pressed a button and the animation hadn’t finished. This should make the UI feel even more seamless with all of your games. If you have any suggestions, feedback, or comments, please leave a reply or join the Discord Server.

I figured out what the problem is. It was bc as a test I was having the prompt trigger when the player stepped on a part. What I’m thinking is that the Touched event triggered multiple times causing the true or false check to run more than one time.

local roPrompts = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.roPrompts) -- Require roPrompts

local prompt = roPrompts.New({ -- Create a prompt object
	Type = roPrompts.PromptType.Confirm, -- Define what type of prompt you want
	Title = 'Confirm Action', -- Title of the prompt
	Description = 'Are you sure you would like to do this action?', -- Description of the prompt
	PrimaryButton = 'Confirm', -- Main button of the prompt
	SecondaryButton = 'Cancel' -- Secondary/cancel button of the prompt
})

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)

local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(hit.Parent)

roPrompts:PromptPlayer(player, prompt) -- Prompt player

print("If you see this it worked!")
	end

end)

I then replaced it with a click detector and now its only happening once. Sorry for the confusion lol.

1 Like

I did notice two other things though. Sorry lol.

Sometimes (but not often) it doesn’t print
and sometimes it prints twice when the button was only pressed once. (Mabey to make up for the time it didn’t print?)

Video of it printing twice:

RoPrompts - Roblox Studio 2022-01-17 12-57-26.wmv (4.9 MB)
(I would have sent it as a MP4 but it wouldn’t upload for some reason. So I had to do it as a WMV. Sorry)

Sorry to keep bugging you.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes