RoSound 2.2.1: Audio discovery made simple [1.5K+ installs]

What type of sounds should be added in the next update? Vote:

• Sound Effects
  • Songs & Music
  • Both

0 voters

Great idea! This will help a lot of developers, and I bought the donation shirt.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive comments! The donation really supports me! :heart:

2 Likes

These sounds will be available for use in the plugin in next week’s update.
EDIT: The sounds are now available in RoSound. Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

SFX NEEDED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa

1 Like

The plugin now has 80+ sounds! Enjoy!

This is really cool for a sound plugin! Very unique!

2 Likes

This might be asking for too much, but all of the sound designers on Roblox would love you for all eternity if you added a way to add post-processing effects…

still this is an awesome plugin, great work :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request. I’m working on such a system and it will be rolled out soon.

2 Likes

The idea is good, execution not so much, allow me to explain:

First off, your plugin does not feature intuitive, clean UI; it is not difficult to find items or functons, however it is visually discouraging: there is no “main menu” or home page for this plugin; items are directly placed in the grid without any sort of pre-categorization.

The menu pop-up button is small and incorrectly placed, such that a misclick could lead to users accidentally closing the plugin window; the issue is persistent despite undocking/resizing the window.

Categorization is incorrectly described; each category should provide a wider spectrum per subject. (i.e. Weapons, Vehicles, etc. whereas you currently provide Gun Fire, Gun Reload, Bullet Hit, etc.)

Audio length filtering should be displayed as a stepped 2-way slider instead of a text input box, providing control for minimum and maximum audio length.
Having audio length filtering be controlled using text-input can be messy sometimes as there isn’t a standarized format for time display. (0:00, 00:00, 0, etc.)
If your system already supports multiple time formats you should add a slider as a faster alternative to text input, while keeping text input as an optional method for filtering.

As a personal tip, I advise you to have consistent updates; if you plan on adding a feature, make sure to release it to its fullest rather than partially (for example the post-processing feature), this allows for a cleaner roadmap and overall smoother workflow.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I completely understand all of these issues.

I am working on improving the grid system to allow for pre-categorization.

Categorization was originally built off the few sounds that were available in the plugin, but as the number of sounds increase, the categories will be changed to show “Weapons”, “Vehicles”, etc.

A slider system was considered during the main development of the plugin. At this time, the filtering system only supports text input, but a 2-way slider is in the works.

The post-processing feature will probably not be released in the next update, as much work remains. Planning to release 5-6 different effects when finished.

In the next update, a few more sounds will also be released.

1 Like

Verson 1.6 is out!

• Timer icon for songs that are still loading
  • Eight new sounds
  • Audio duration countdown when playing
  • Filter button resized and moved

Just downloaded. This plug-in is awesome! This is going to be SUPER useful! Thanks a lot!!

2 Likes

I want to report a bug.
Sometimes when i want to stop the music, it dosen’t stops. forcing me to wait until it ends or restarting studio.

Not counting that, this plugin is nice, i purchased the donation shirt! :]

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! At this time, Roblox does not allow local sound pausing, but as soon as this feature is added, I will add it to RoSound.

I noticed the pause button for sound preview doesn’t work. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

Oh, ok.

Btw, Sound donation:

Pageturn - 6441737162
Impact - 7230637294
Impact Explosion - 6501856182
Snow/Ice - 4518896786
Hit1 - 6837724677
Hit2 - 5501600429
Bass - 1195480469
Suspense - 1839294679
Concrete - 1920905089
Shockwave - 178452221
Big shockwave - 610327604
Buildup - 3145933983
Laser fire - 6742297936
Plasma shockwave - 7576754287
Plasma shockwave2 - 7576755693
Plasma laser - 2042706607
Jojo hit effect - 6695533882

None of these are mine

7 Likes

Oh wow, these are a LOT of sounds! Thank you very much!
EDIT: I’m working on adding these sounds to the plugin. Stay tuned.
EDIT: These sounds will be released this Saturday!

1 Like

No problemo! Glad i could help.

1 Like

You can now view the official update log for RoSound here.
It includes released and upcoming version logs.

Thank you @CrisLatex and @ScandalousSolution for the sound donations.

5 Likes