RoSound 2.2.1: Audio discovery made simple [1.5K+ installs]

The update for RoSound will be delayed, and will be probably released next weekend.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Hang tight!

How would you rate this plugin?

0 voters

3 Likes

Hello again,
These messages are quite annoying and they bury bugs in my game, so I gotta keep scrolling back up to find them whenever the output puts multiple of them.
Could you add an option to toggle these messages, or just outright disable them?

Also, here’s a lot of sounds that I uploaded if you wanna put them in:

Sounds

8166976810 - Reload for ?? gun
6892506921 - No ammo reload for UMP
6892506881 - Ammo reload for UMP
6820912770 - Concrete footstep
6746965465 - M4 reload
6694957543 - M16 reload
6428871849 - Deagle reload
6397131717 - Ammo reload for m1911
6397134031 - No ammo reload for m1911
6397131171 - M1911 fire

1 Like

That message is there to announce that the plugin is enabled and has loaded the audio. But, if it is annoying, I will remove it in the next update.

Thanks for the sound donation. There aren’t many weapon SFX in RoSound and this will help a lot.

v1.7 Update Information
The next update for RoSound has unfortunately been delayed because many new features and improvements are being added to the plugin.
The update will probably be released around the start of Winter Break. Hang tight, everyone.

2 Likes

I was planning to send you some weapon sfx, but i tought that there was already the ones i thinked oof

1 Like

All sound donations are much appreciated! Even if certain types of SFX are in the plugin, there should always be multiple versions of that type so that developers have a large variety of SFX to choose from.

So send me those weapon SFX :joy:

1 Like

I will wait for the 1.7 Update to send you the sounds for 1.8

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the plugin after reading all the positive comments then realized after a couple minutes that this plugin has a ton of improvements it needs. It claims to have better sounds but when downloading it only found majority of it is bad quality effects.

Though I have not created this comment just to hate on the plugin. I think in the future this plugin will be very helpful as better sounds will most likely be added and bugs fixed. I believe some features that would make this plugin 10x better(Not exaggerating) would be:

• Create a pause feature! This has been asked previously multiple times, and I have a idea. Not sure if this is possible/will work but what if when playing a sound you created it inside of the Server Storage temporarily so you have the ability to pause it as you said above that you cannot pause sounds locally on a plugin. You might wanna also check this function out, from the looks of it it seems there is a function to pause a sound hence it saying Plugin:PauseSound() not Sound:Pause(). If you cannot do this please just get rid of the pause button image as it is very misleading making you think that the plugin is broken and uninstalling it entirely. I have never tested it as I’ve never made a plugin before.

• As for the lack of good sounds, I think this will solve itself with community donations of sounds, you might wanna go through your sounds in the plugin every update and check for low quality/useless sounds. This will help your plugin help many others to come. I also highly suggest that you don’t be afraid to choose sound effects yourself that you feel like you and many others will use. I can’t tell you to get better music without helping you find some :grin:, I found the songs from “Restaurant Tycoon 2” were high quality and helpful in my game and most likely others games. I’m also 100% sure that these songs are not copyrighted as a game with 5k+ concurrent players uses them. You can find them all sorted up in ID’s here. Unfortunately I do not have any sound effects I can show you.

• I think that making a skip forward/backward 5 seconds button would also be useful when skimming sounds. This would be where there is two new buttons that pops up when you play a sound that show one skip forward image and one skip backward image. When you click either button it skips the song backwards 5 seconds or forwards 5 seconds depending on button that you press. This would probably only be able to happen if you made the sound in server storage as mentioned above since you would need to know the Time Position to be able to skip a few seconds.

Overall, this plugin is not very good at it’s current state but has room for improvement everywhere. I hope this helps you know what to fix/add and helps make the plugin so much better! Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions. Sincerely, ScriptKing :scroll:

Please do know this is all my opinion on the songs/sounds, other people might find them way more useful then me.

1 Like

Version 1.7 will address many of these issues. Thanks for your patience.

Are the audio featured in this plugin free-to-use without the risk of getting copyrighted? (they aren’t copyrighted?)

1 Like

The songs in this plugin are mostly from Roblox and have been licensed from APM music, which means that they are free-to-use. The sound effects were found in the Roblox Creator Marketplace and are most likely not copyrighted, although I suggest checking the audio beforehand.

1 Like

Update Roadmap

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m very sorry for the delay. Update 1.7 will be released soon, hopefully by the end of this week. I’ve recently been working on other projects and did not have time to work on RoSound. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Also, note that the number of new sounds will be limited, as I’m still importing other audio. The remainder of the sounds will be included in 1.8. Thank you.

Here’s a sneak peek of the revamped filtering system so far:
SneakPeek

EDIT: Sorry for the delay. Check out the updated roadmap for further info.

4 Likes

You convinced me with the first image showing up what i was searching all this time: bullet hit sounds

Awesome!!! thanks a lot

3 Likes

Thanks for the positive comments! :heart:

Update 1.7 is almost out! Thanks for your patience.

I’ve got exciting news:
A PAUSE AUDIO METHOD MAY BE ADDED TO ROSOUND!

2 Likes

Let’s goooooooooooooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing the method when it comes out? If so it could help a lot of people!

I actually found out the method and told it to him, it should be coming soon!

The method is basically to create an invisible or visible widget and add an frame in it with an sound instance and you can :Play() or :Stop() the sound!

Oh ok! Can’t wait!! This will definitely make the plug-in 10x better :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: