RoStats 》Stats For Developers (Roblox LinkedIn)

He was joking, :man_facepalming: repl.it is not good even with a paid plan.

a debian vultr is 5 bucks a month and it has one gb ram and you can also host a database there in case you get the site hugged to death. if you have more to spend you can even get a scaleway dedibox or something

you’re bothering too much with these, hashing isnt rocket science (you’re using bcrypt not md5 right? right???), https is easy with let’s encrypt or cloudflare. its not like the fbi will seize your site for storing roblox usernames and discord ids. its a hobby site after all

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Thanks for sticking around for the past week! RoStats is finally back up!

You may visit the website at https://www.rostats.info/

Feel free to reply with bugs and feedback!

Thanks,
Roman Senior Moderator @Rostats

1 Like

For the skill applications, what authority can we expect from you to judge our skill level from just three examples? How do we know what quality or type of work to submit?

My suggestion to this is that you provide guidelines on the website outlining the minimum requirements for the skill application as well as the expectations to reach a specific skill level. Also for the application, rather than just three examples, you can ask specific questions for the appropriate skill type. For example: “How many years of experience do you have?” By judging their answers or the quality of their responses, you can more easily determine their skill level far more accurately. One last thing is that you give the option to provide examples using a link. For some specific examples like graphics, modelling, etc, most people can just provide a link to their portfolio which will also benefit you greatly rather than judging just three examples.

1 Like

This is a great service idea I hope roblox will integrate with when they release the new talent hub. I hate making portfolios and such and joining discords for developers have too many roles and not the right ones. I do recommend game/environmental designing to your skills.

1 Like

Well we do have a “skill criteria” it’s in progress and we are still working on it. It’s not the best but it’s what we have now. The skill level is judged by people that are experienced in that area. Ex) If you submit a translating work, our experienced translator will determine the skill necessary for that person.
Link to the Devlog regarding skill criteria → DevLog 5 》RoStats - Stats For You!

So a few problems with this:

• I’ve already created a account yet can’t seem to find the login button, only the sign up button.
  • What happens if I don’t meet the criteria for one level but know some of the next level?
  • Finally, how would you stop someone from botting the upvote system?
1 Like

There is a captcha to login and signup so that prevents botting the upvotes and downvotes. Also go to https://www.rostats.info/signin to sign in

I suggest making the sign in page more accessible as right now (of my knowledge) the only way to get to it is by link. Also the forgot password page just brings you back to the sign in page.

To get to the sign in page you click on sign up then on that page there’s a sign in button

I don’t see it but alright, and again the forgot password button doesn’t work.

That feature hasn’t been added fully yet

1 Like

Lol, why would you have a ghost button on your site. This site has potential, but honestly I would rather just use the talent hub when it comes out. It seems partially poor designed and has missing features.

1 Like

idk, im not a dev, all I know is that it hasn’t been added yet

talent hub obv will be better, it has an entire dev team. RoStats is a 2 person project

When you click the signup button on the home (and other pages) page look exactly where you clicked and it says sign in, hope this helps!

Thanks,
Roman Senior Moderator @ RoStats

1 Like

Using heroku? Nice. Ngl, I would rather use replit.com (cuz I have the Hacker plan and replit has live collaboration). The site looks great by the way. I’m more of a backend developer when it comes to websites, so literally anything that looks nice is amazing to me XD

Almost forgot, replit.com actually has SSL on the repl.co domain as well. (meaning your container will have SSL even if you use the repl.co link)

I feel like this reply is talking more about replit.com than how great your site looks.

Btw, what did you make the backend with? I use NodeJS while making sites because it has a builtin module for that which makes it super easy to create websockets and all especially with express. Tbh though, I wouldn’t be surprised if you used something like Python.

1 Like

i used python as its my strongest language. IK that python isn’t the best language for web development.

Alright. By the way, I’m not very fond of having to put in my email to signup or login. Can you change that? Maybe verification like those Discord bots?

originally you signed up with discord, but lots of users disliked that and wanted a traditional email and password sign up. I can assure you if your worried that all sensitive data is hashed and encrypted before it is stored in the database, therefore if in the rare scenario a hacker gets into our database, they wont be able to do anything with the data. Also all traffic entering and exiting the website is encrypted, thanks to our SSL, to mitigate issues with hackers intercepting sensitive data from the traffic.