RoStats NEW - Get Discovered (Roblox LinkedIn)

Yeah they’ve been running ads on it for the past couple months earning “revenue” from it. Wasn’t mentioned that well in the Privacy Policy but was there. As shown in this reply on the thread

3 Likes

Oh, so this whole project just ended up being an entire scam to extort people out of advertisement revenue? No wonder why the actual website itself was so bad!

1 Like

I wouldn’t go as far as to accuse them of that honestly. They probably would’ve gotten very little through AdSense, at most $10-15.

1 Like

Yikes.

This is not looking good for RoStats, and the creators/moderators.

Why was there no announcement? Why was there not a page regarding this on the website?

@MightyPart @justice_romqxn

Can you guys provide some sort of explanation on what’s going on? What has happened to all the data?

I wouldn’t trust a single cent with any website affiliated with these people as this is very shady…

4 Likes

could someone give me a quick summary on why people are saying that something’s wrong with RoStats since i’ve seen people talking about it in the replies

There is zero transparency in this project, only a message from a former operator.
Still, 10-15 USD (7-10 GBP) is still something.

RoStats was a website which the developers referred to it as “Roblox LinkedIn”, the website kept on going down constantly, showing the Heroku error screen saying that something has crashed, the website came back up but it still had tons of faults, they had no privacy policy at all (which they moved to a Google Doc) and they closed it down again for a while as they “fix” some issues with the service.
They came back again, their API was complete rubbish, with invalid JSON being parsed and being incorrectly formatted, not only that previously they had no SSL/TLS encryption on the website at all.

5 Likes

They should at least issue a major apology in this topic. The few people who actually believed in their project should at least receive some form of verbal compensation.

By the way, @justice_romqxn wasn’t even an operator. The only proper “operator” I can think of is the largely incompetent ringleader himself (@MightyPart).

$10 to $15 could buy you a whole short-lived McDonald’s meal!

3 Likes

Website is down

Read on from here. Website was quietly abandoned a while ago it seems but was only publiclly announced (not even by the owner but by one of their “staff” a couple days ago.)

1 Like

Adding onto this, they never really had certain basic requirements set up either. Asking for completely unnessacary emails which they never did anything with, along with never having the ability to reset your passwords. This really was just a pre-release that should’ve spent much longer being worked on and tested by people before opening initially.

We still have no word from @MightyPart over concerns regarding user data, considering it seems the servers are still very much alive for all we know users personal data could still be sitting on those servers and there’ll be nothing we can do about it. The PR talk when this was first launched about SSL and encryption was already concerning enough.

@justice_romqxn This implies that the website has been abandoned for the better part of a month and a half, meaning some of the promises he made in July were completely false. Are we ever going to get clarification or is this going to be swept under for the next project which will involve things far more risky than just personal emails. (and things I doubt roblox would allow to happen off-site)

4 Likes

They probably shut it down because of the Talent Hub, since after the Talent Hub launches, RoStats doesn’t really serve any purpose.

There are several other issues that most likely caused or contributed to the shutdown of RoStats, which @WaviestBalloon and @dev_sda1 mentioned in their replies.

1 Like

They’re also scraping email addresses?

If you signed up for an account, you would need to provide an email address yes. I have no idea what they were used for if ever.

Were they ever used for account confirmation?

I don’t believe so no, I signed up to further examine what the service was all about and take a small peak in the frontend of the service

What did you find during your observation of the project?

Not much honestly, I just forgot about it since 2 of my posts about this service got reported and removed from the DevForums
But I remember the site being extremely slow, even when I recommended they used CloudFlare for SSL/TLS encryption and site caching

I’m not even surprised by the sluggishness of the website.

Did they ever provide an explination for the quiet and sudden closure on their Discord or was it just as vague as here?

I like the idea, but isn’t Roblox Talent hub the same thing?