Rosync virus is attacking my game!

In-game scripts and models cannot modify the source of a script.

1. They only run at runtime.
  2. They can’t modify script sources due to having too low of a context level.
1 Like

Can you show me your plugins? I had the same issue and I want to verify if I had a infected plugin

Of course, i know, but sometimes in game models have it hidden pretty well.
and you should probably after uninstalling the plugin search in scripts just in case, don’t forget plugins can insert scripts and edit the source of it (Not existing ones)

Game models cannot change the code in a script because the context level for setting a script’s source is too high. Additionally, this is occurring in Edit Mode (not at run time), which means that it can’t be a game model script doing it.
(I’ve already stated this in my last post.)
If you want, I’ll expand on this in PMs.

1 Like

If there are any free models which you have added then it’s maybe that but its most likely to be a plugin. I recommend you remove plugins you have installed which are suspicious.

1 Like

I’ve experienced this issue before it is definitely a plugin. For me, this virus was caused by a plugin called 3D text maker. You can go to manage plugins and then disable ALL of your plugins. Then, open up a blank script- enable your plugins 1 by 1 and every time, type a few simple lines of code to see if Rosync appears. (I typed in game.Players:Connect- it doesn’t have to be really complicated or work.) If it does, disable that plugin immediately and delete it. If it doesn’t then the plugin you just reenabled is safe.

10 Likes

No, don’t do that, that is too much manual work having to go through every script. Just do CTRL + SHIFT + F to search through every script.

Hi @bt5191, what does “OP” mean ?

It means original poster. Just search it up in google.

Plugin, look for any unknown plugins you may have installed.

1 Like

im sorry to hear that!

In studio, do Ctrl + Shift + F and a little popup will appear like this:

type in these terms one at a time:

require
getfenv
fenv
loader

look through all the scripts that pop up.

if nothing is sus, then please take a look at @flarezhu’s post (link below):

let me know if this helps!

5 Likes

It is 100% a virus.

It could be a plugin or a script, but a lot of scripts in these virus models have getfenv() in them and trying basically lag your game with a bunch of useless lines with getfenv() in them.

Like, a lot of these getfenv() scripts come in TestService or ServerScriptService. (it is a plugin then)
But what hidden is in these getfenv() scripts? They actually added a line that basically requires something. Here’s an example: require(34238904329042) If you see one of these scripts, just delete them. Another thing is just searching in the explorer any useless scripts that you did not add.

Just delete the virus plugin if you find virus scripts in serverscriptservice, or other.

(and if you find anything with loader, delete it too.)

2 Likes

Thanks for all your advice, I installed a another plugin named “Venom” wich is mentionned in another devforum post on how to clean games from this kind of things… I quarantained all the script, deleted the one I didn’t need but it seems that during the game, in the serverScriptService a module script appears. It is called “MainModule” do you think it is from roblox or it is still this virus ?

Run a plugin scan with GameGuard and show me the results.

How do I know its safe ? A lot of those “Anti-virus” are virus.

By looking at how big the community is, how many likes on the devforum it has, and maybe even looking at that source. :smiley:

Ok I am gonna install it today !

1 Like

But is it normal your plugin has -1 dislikes ? LOL

The virus may come from a Plugin. Uninstall some Plugins

Then you can use the Plugin I made for finding any Scripts in your game.

After installation find Massive Find option in your Plugins, click on it and in the Type window type Script. Note: the Plugin only checks the Workspace!

THANK YOU SO MUCH @deluc_t, you really saved me with your plugin, I deleted all the “getfenv()” script and all of those virus from my game ! Again, thank you !

3 Likes