Rotating part Not sure how to do it

That’s not optimized. That’s actually less optimized.

How is it less optimised? By setting the parent manually on a seperate line, it is faster.

Yea, I would stick with the initial method. Too many active unachored parts will destroy your game.

No. The Instance constructor function has the parent as an optional passed argument. Creating another line of code for that makes Lua take more time to process what you said.

Besides, the code is more-so unoptimized because the part is unanchored.

If i t was unanchored it would not even work for me
im planning on making some you have to jump on and than wait until it moves you onto the next jump

Please take a read of this post here: PSA: Don't use Instance.new() with parent argument

That was patched when the new Lua VM came out.

Yea, it’s up to you. You want features, or framerate?
In this case, I would stick with framerate.

Would the lag be server sided or client like your guis work fine but everything lags or everything lags

It would be everything lag.
Unanchored parts cause physics lag, which can interrupt other things like the Lua enviroment.

I just want a working lagless system

Then use the initial script system.
It requires no physics.

That can carry players like for jumps that rotate

That requires physics or extremely advanced scripting.
Physics, in your situation, would ruin the gameplay.

What is physics? :smiley: and it says the comment has to be bigger

Physics is movement in the world, such as gravity, velocity, etc.
I would recommend you try to learn the basics of studio to learn what this stuff means.

Did you actually try this solution prior to coming to the forum or have you just come here instanty asking for advice on how to do it? You haven’t provided any sort of code or attempt of how you have attmpted to do it. You may come out more successful in the long run if you give this a go yourself instead of coming straight here asking for direct code. Google is quite a useful source when you use it proficiently as there are most likely already multiple questions relating to a topic such as this.

3 Likes

lol i think the part connected to something and now its spinning the floor and walls

Yes, please research first. What you’re asking for has a tutorial on Roblox Developer Hub.

Never tried that thing gimme a sec