Rotating star particles around a character's head using only one particle emitter (if possible)

how would i go about rotating dizzy particles around a guy’s head
ideally using only one particle emitter

had this in the wrong category, my bad.

1 Like

Making a particle move around the head is impossible you’d need script

1 Like

thought so. that sucks
29+1 characters

If you make then particle emit out the side and then write a script to rotate the part then it would work.

I’d personally just use a model with three physical star decals or so in a circle, and have the model rotate itself, then fade the transparency in and out on the decals. this might be easier than using a particle emitter

I think 3 particle emitters would be easier.

do you think a beam or two would solve your problem?

not quite sure, i dont really use beams at all.

You can use 2 attachments, and bend a beam (you’d probably need 2) on those attachments. Then set the texture to your star particle, and then set the texture mode to Wrap.

1 Like

I’ll try that soon, thank you.

1 Like

It works!
29+1 characters

I haven’t made the texture yet though, so I may run into a problem with that

1 Like

I decided to use a texture from the toolbox to see if what I thought would happen would occur, I’m not sure how to go about fixing this gap in the middle of the 2 beams.

Additional note, on lower graphics quality settings the curve disappears

1 Like

Yeah, that is a downside to using curved beams. If you want to avoid this, you’ll have to stick to particles.

As for the gap, I think you’ll have to load both beams at the same time and hope they’re synced. Another reason to just use particles instead.

Particles would probably look better… I’ll consider it.

1 Like

I have actually done something similar to this with other effects. You need a decal with a star in a corner. Then with the particle emitter, make sure you set your rotation speed and rotation angle. You can play with size, color, and transparency settings to get the desired effect.

1 Like

I don’t know why I didnt think of that… I may still do particles anyway, given the functionality of having the stars going up and down, fading, etc. Thanks though

By the way, could you show me the decal?

The decals that I used were just white circles in a corner. Not stars. However, with an appropriate painting program, you should be able to make something. Remember, the star must be in a corner to get the rotating effect. The image background must be transparent.

This is the asset that I used for a test. I found it in the toolbox.

rbxassetid://10186621964

As for the settings…

Parameter Value
Color RGB(255, 255,0)
Light Emission 1
Light Influence 1
Emission Direction Front
Lifetime 2
Rate 5
Rotation Speed 360
Speed 1
Spread Angle 0, 360
Shape Disk

Just parent the emitter to the head. It emits in a horizontal circle (left, right, front, back). This is probably this simplest way to do this without resorting to scripts.

1 Like

If you make it have more segments, this shouldn’t happen ( there might be downsides)