Rotating the PrimaryPart of a model that has Weld Constraints

The model shakes showing that it’s turning, but the actual two models that need to turn aren’t turning; if that makes sense.

1 Like

How are those two models connected to the root model?

Weld Constraints. ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

That might be your issue. I’m not entirely sure, but from what I can tell from the API, it sounds like if you try to update the CFrame of one welded part, it will do the same for parts welded to it. This could imply that it is trying to rotate the entire model due to it all being connected by welds, rather than just the part that you want.
WeldConstraint (roblox.com)

1 Like

Ah, I see now.

What would my alternative to Weld Constraints for the two models be? How would I execute it?

Likely through a Motor, like you had initially mentioned in your post.
Motor6D (roblox.com)

You could rig the model, and then animate it. Then, playback the correct animation for what you are trying to do. These links might help with that:
AnimationController (roblox.com)
How to Rig a Car - Resources / Community Tutorials - Roblox Developer Forum (I have not watched the videos, but this may be what you are looking for)

Also to follow up what I just wrote, there actually may be a solution to do it with welds as is detailed here:

These would be normal Welds, not WeldConstraints

Thanks for the extra help, I’m having an issue with the welding and using Motor6D.

Whenever I attach the Welds together or Motor6D, this happens.
weld

I require for it to be in the circled area, what would I do about this?

1 Like

You need to set the C0 and C1 values, which determine the offset.

I’ve done it both ways and I receive the same result.

Are the two parts that are connected together on top of each other/overlapping?

They’re exactly like how the image is showcased.

I seem to be missing which two are connected and how they are supposed to be.

I have all of the parts on the left wing connected with Weld Constraints to a main part, which that main part is connected with a Weld to the holder part. (It doesn’t matter if I used a Weld or Motor6D, it’s the same result)

And now all those parts are in the wrong position?

Yes, they need to be where the circled area is.

This sounds like an issue with C0 and C1. Those two values represent the offset of the objects. If you don’t set one of them or if you set both of them to the same value, they will be in the same position. What you need to do is set the value of the part you want offset. In this case I believe that would be the “main part.” You would leave the value for the “holder part” alone.

This differs from WeldConstraints, which keep the position of the objects relative to what they were.

If I don’t attach it to the holder part in any way, the wing part will not be attached to the plane/ship.

Yes you attach it to the holder part. That is done by the Part0, Part1 values. At that point they are connected. C0 and C1 are different values, which you need to set through a script, and you can think of them as the distance between the parts.

Weld (roblox.com)

I am not sure, but I think Motor6D is efficient, as you are able to animate it if you want.

I think if you just need this script, and aren’t planning on animating the object, then I think the welds are just fine.

1 Like