Rotation Resets While Dragging Base Parts With Ctrl + R And Ctrl + T

Reproduction Steps

1. Drag base part and do not let go
  2. Use Ctrl + R or Ctrl + T while dragging the base part

System Information
11th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Beta Features
Accessory Fitting Tool, CSG Version 3, Face Capture, Intuitive Debugger, Live Animation Creator, New Character Controller, New Text Chat Service, Notched Screen Support, Save Rig With Animation, Selection and Navigation Improvements in Explorer, Selection Improvements, Upgrade Shorelines

Expected Behavior
Using Ctrl + R and Ctrl + T whiling dragging a base part should rotate/tilt the part without resetting the rotation

Actual Behavior
The selected base part’s rotation is reset as soon as dragging is resumed

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-04 00:02:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-06 00:02:00 (-05:00)

1 Like

this happened for 2+ years (i believe it’s intended behavior), you can just press r or t themselves while dragging (keep in mind that it acts differently and it rotates on the surface, so it may annoy you)

Wow you just blew my mind with the R and T alone. I never knew that lol. As for that behavior happening for the past 2+ years, that is not true for my experience. I am a frequent builder, and this behavior is new to me as of two or so days ago. What I do find interesting is that R and T alone behave as expected whereas Ctrl + R and Ctrl + T does not.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

2 Likes

As mentioned above, not a bug: The intended behavior is to use just T / R while dragging without the Ctrl. An upcoming set up dragger changes will offer hotkey help on what actions are available while dragging clarifying this.

Long term we can look at unifying these or at least stopping Ctrl+T from doing anything during a drag but they’ve always had slightly different behaviors.