Round system help

hello devforum…
im having issues with my round system, the round gui called “ui” in the script only shows on player 1’s screen, and not player 2’s.

another issue is when i send a match request to someone else, instead of them getting the match request, it gets put on my screen saying they challenge me

ex.
fanboy1932 sends a challenge to seminole1230, fanboy1932 gets a gui on his screen saying he was challenged by seminole1230
solved.solved.solved
i honestly don’t see anything wrong with this…
if you want to see my challenge code on the client side, just ask.

The value of the first parameter of a function connected to RemoteEvent.OnServerEvent is always the player who fired the event. So if you are sending both players as arguments in your local script, only send the player that the challenge invitation is being sent to. The server will automatocally get the player who sends the invitation.

In your server script, the first parameter should be for the sender and the second for the challenged player.

1 Like

alright, now i’m having some more issues.
the matchmaker dosen’t teleport them to the battle stage anymore…
i messed with the code a bit and i got where
fanboy1932 sends the challenge to seminole1230, and seminole1230 gets it. however, when seminole1230 accepts; nothing happens…

keep in mind it did send them to the round before

solved.solved.solved

Edit: Actually, don’t do what I first said in this reply.

But is the value of

challenged_player.PlayerGui.match_maker.accept_decline.accepted

Changed in a local script. If it is, the changes will only be visible to the challenged player. Or is the challenged player same as the local player? I don’t properly understand your system.

oh alright, i got it to work… (I THINK)
i’ll explain my system:
you type in the box, if it ends up being a players name, fire the match_maker remoteevent.
in the server, you wait for child on the challenged players “accept_decline”, and you make it visible, and do stuff with the text. then after that you fire to the CHALLENGED player’s CLIENT and you also fire the person who challenged him, and the accept_decline…
it then checks for when accept_decline’s value has been changed, if it has then check if its true… if its true, send them into the match

edit: fixed my problem easily, i forgot to put ui2