rSQL - A faster alternative to explorer search using SQL-like syntax

rSQL allows you to quickly query instances in your game. This plugin is heavily in beta, meaning certain queries will error and a lot isn’t possible yet. If you have SQL knowledge, this plugin should feel easy to use.

How to use

The shortcut for opening is CTRL + SPACE. Currently, it is not customizable.

Statements

A minimal statement should contain a SELECT clause and a FROM clause. An optional WHERE clause can be added to filter properties.

Example statement:

select Humanoid from workspace where Health < 100

Select certain classes with a simple statement.

Expand the statement to filter your query even more.

Select multiple classes.

Use the special $selected keyword to prevent having to type out entire path names.

Upcoming features

• Support for AND and OR operators in WHERE clause.
  • Support for more property types in WHERE clause (vectors, colors, booleans etc).
  • Support for advanced keywords such as $parent, for selecting parents of the queried instances.
  • Update and delete queries

I have a lot of other plans for this plugin aswell. I would like to make sure every query is possible, how crazy it may be.

Known bugs

• Paths not resolving correctly (workspace.Baseplate for example)

For myself, I have a complete rewrite of the plugin scheduled because it was written a very long time ago. Depending on the amount of feedback I get, it can be done pretty fast and ill be able to add a ton of stuff to the plugin.

If you have other ideas for features the plugin should have, do not hesitate to leave feedback. It only motivates me to expand the plugin. I love programming😎

:inbox_tray: Installation

Get it free in the creator store:

18 Likes

This looks promising! Can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

Well I’ll be damned… I’ll be looking forward to future updates! I’m definately going to be using this.

awesome! very intuitive. consider open sourcing it!

This really needs some fast autocompletion system to be powerful…

2 Likes

Hey, you should open source it!

Currently doing the rewrite but i’ll make to open source it afterwards😊.

1 Like