RTBF/GDPR messages to creators are still duplicated many times over for the same user

GDPR/RTBF messages with subject “[Important] Right to Erasure - Action Requested” are still duplicated many times over for the same user and same game listed.

In my inbox currently, I count multiple users that have at least 2 messages with the same game list. I left these in my inbox for inspection if needed.

Duplicated userIds from messages are included in private message. Some of these are duplicated as much as 8 times.

Redacted list for illustration (actual userIds are in private message):

• […] (4 times)
  • […] (2 times)
  • […] (4 times)
  • […] (8 times)

This is just from a couple days worth of messages.

Expected behavior

The right-to-be-forgotten flow should only send me 1 message per user per game(s) listed. It should not be sending me the same message multiple times for the same user.

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/my/messages/#!/inbox

A private message is associated with this bug report

12 Likes

I’ve reported this issue in the past and have experienced it several months ago. The same user ID was requested three times just a few hours apart.

The game was also the game.

Thanks for the report.

I’ve informed the team responsible for sending these messages to be careful to avoid duplicates.

We’ve scoped a technical solution to avoid duplicate messages, but it’s going to be relatively low priority for now.

2 Likes

Repro Steps

1. Have an experience or multiple experiences with DataStores
  2. Receive a “Right to Erasure” request
  3. Observe that sometimes you will receive 1-8 requests within a short span all for the same UserId and the same GameId(s)

All User A, each message has the exact same info

All User B, each message has the exact same info

All User C, each message has the exact same info

Expected behavior
I receive a single erasure request for a UserId with all the necessary information in a single message

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/my/messages/#!/inbox

2 Likes

Experiencing this with developer payloads. I have a bot set up that lets developers and the community manager know of erasure requests to be fulfilled and it usually happens around 3-5 times each erasure request.

Obviously if it’s happening with messages then it’d be happening with payloads since they’d be arriving from the same channels but thought I’d share my own experience, albeit a bit late, as well.

4 Likes

I can confirm this experience as well.

This issue is still occurring as of one month ago. I’d assume these users are spamming the “deactivate my account” button on the email, and it’s annoying to have to go through all of them when we cannot know if it’s a different user ID or not.

No, the issue is on Roblox side (I was additionally told so via a DM). Obviously the user is not able to spam such an expensive action from their end.

1 Like

I just received 16 GDPR requests all for one UserId for the exact same experience - a new record.

2 Likes

Received 10 requests for the same user and experiences over the span of 5 minutes.