RTChristmas – the Twitter Community Christmas Event

Hello Developers,

I have been a part of the Roblox Community for many years now. One of my favourite things to do is to communicate with members of the community and find out what they’re up to.
One of the easiest ways I’ve found to do that is to connect with them on Twitter.

The Roblox community on Twitter is extremely active. I have seen so many creators post their projects there in a similar way to how content is posted in this forum. Aside from marketing, Twitter is used by Roblox developers to receive feedback on their ongoing work.

This would be the third year in a row that I host a Christmas party for the community on Twitter (known as Roblox Twitter Christmas or RTChristmas for short).
In previous years, I’d work with a small group of experienced developers over the course of a month or two.
I’d then invite everyone to join together for a couple of days during these holidays to interact more directly than via the social platform. We’d host fun group games, competitions and other activities.

This year, in an attempt to show everyone how amazing and strong this community is, I decided to look for new, aspiring developers to participate in the event’s creation, in order to nurture their abilities and gain experience in teamwork alongside more experienced and well-known creators.
Of course, I wanted to give this experience to as many people as possible, so I recruited a small group of more than 20 developers.
We all focused on design, building, scripting and testing throughout the past couple of weeks, in one place.

This is our project.

Developers

Ysko (Project Leader, Builder, Scripter, GFX, Social Media)
Younite (Supervisor, GFX)
The_Frame (UI)
Zomebody (Map Design, Builder)
anross (Builder)
astrelly (Builder)
Ashtheking300 (Builder)
CrimsonTheBiscuit (Builder, Scripter)
DarkAgeSky (Builder)
HolidayPwner (Lighting, Builder)
iamHarrius (Builder)
Jazuc (Builder)
MarkedTrades (Builder)
NickelNate678 (Builder)
Swinzino (Composer)
sheaoil (Builder)
virtual_blocks (Builder, Scripter)
WhySoMysterious (Builder)
xJennyBeanx (Builder)
FirePrancer (Composer)
youtuber2127 (Builder)
Mah_Bucket (Outsourced)

I invite you all to attend. It would be great to show you all what these creative minds have done.

10 Likes

small

3 Likes

That’s-a very nice~!

small

2 Likes

small

2 Likes

If I remember right, the max amount of devs you could submit an application for on the team for Egg Hunt 2018 was 18. Quite a handful needed to get stuff done on time with the deadline mentioned in the post!

Uhhh, I mean…

small

2 Likes

I don’t remember working on this at all and yet I’m credited as a developer. Thanks, I suppose!

2 Likes

You allowed us to use the moon!

1 Like

I understand listing people who worked on the game, but I kiiinda feel there needs to be a split here between crediting people who provided whatever they did, and people who were part of the main team.

It leaves things confusing, and now I don’t know how many people on the list were part of the dev team for the game, and not in a situation like Bucket where there’s a completely baffled reaction upon mentioning it to him.

That’s not even talking about the fact that, unless there’s more that isn’t being mentioned, an art asset doesn’t fit the title of “Builder”. It’s not like graphics isn’t mentioned, since you yourself are listed as someone who did GFX for the game.

Could we get a credits list which goes into a little more detail?

I have modified the list. Only one developer provided their work without being part of the main team. They are now marked as Outsourced.

1 Like

RTChristmas is now live!! https://www.roblox.com/games/1229257082/RTChristmas-2017

I was four hours late, showed up and to my surprise the server was at max capacity.

–edit

Servers crashed right when I took this photo

–edit
my account got a warning nvm

small