Rthro shouldn't be the default avatar idle pose

Your avatar has been restored to normal. Did it fix itself or did you do something? My avatar is still like this.
And R6 avatars it’s not like it used to be, could it have something to do with this thing?

Original R6:

Bad R6:

̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶"̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶i̶d̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶r̶h̶t̶r̶o̶ ̶i̶d̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶(̶N̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶)̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶.̶

2 Likes

They should also fix the weird stiff pose that appears on the website that doesn’t match the idle animation. It’s been infuriating me ever since it came out.

2 Likes

Generated avatar thumbnails are cached. Any change that would cause the thumbnail to regenerate (such as changing the face) would also include applying the idle pose to the character as a step in the generation. In this case, the undesired behaviour is that the applied idle pose for R15 avatars is the Rthro idle even when not explicitly equipping the Rthro idle animation asset.

3 Likes

like colbert said, the avatar thumbnail was cached, so it was with original idle animation, i have unequipped idle animation (which was toy idle) for roblox to fallback on a fallback animation, no luck, it falls back on rthro idle animation.
firefox_knVuE
I honestly don’t understand these changes, it was fine as it is, there was no need in this change.

2 Likes

What is the “edit profile picture” feature? I haven’t used any new or unexplained features here - I’ve customised my avatar the same as I always have and I see this change applied to my avatar. I have also tried this across other accounts that I haven’t used in years and it still happens.

This change is massively undesirable and the existence of the Rthro animation bundle should be reason enough to retain this as pure choice and not to force it on any avatar thumbnail generations.

2 Likes

“edit profile picture” feature only exists in mobile, I don’t know why it’s limited to mobile, but it still doesn’t make sense why would editing profile picture change fallback animation.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you think this is related to specific non-animation avatar assets. My current thumbnail as presented by figure 2 is the way it is because the website has that image cached so as long as I don’t make a single change on my avatar it will not cause the thumbnail to regenerate.

The Rthro idle pose is applied when my avatar thumbnail is regenerated, meaning any change to my avatar will cause this to happen. The only case where my idle should be changed from the R15 stock is when I have an idle animation I equipped and I do not.

Please stop adding bloat replies that aren’t adding any value to conversation. This isn’t a bug report; and if you’ve found a solution, then please only reply with one that actually works instead of telling me to run around in circles for a change that Roblox has clearly deliberately made and is unwanted.

3 Likes

I feel like if Roblox is opting to use the Rthro/realistic* character animations, they should also opt to list the original R15 animation set onto the Avatar Shop.

->*I say ‘realistic’ as there has been a recently added animation pack listed as the namesake: Realistic - Idle - Roblox (I don’t think this is able to be searched in the animations tab)

3 Likes

I love not having choices. Truly a place where I can “be anything” on the “Imagination” Platform.

I’m still unable to change my avatar because it’ll default me to the Rthro idle animation despite not having it equipped and I can’t get back the old pose. My only other choice is not using R15 and going back to R6, losing out on several customisation options like scaling and layered clothing.

ETA: In case it’s not apparent, albeit a bit too early in that it’s been 50 days since the last post, this is me asking for some signal on the change. Don’t get why we can’t have some choices these days and have to keep being forced into Rthro-centric features.

10 Likes

I don’t even know why Roblox made this update. I never use R15 anyways.

3 Likes

(know this was months ago but I need to mention this)

This is one of their worst decisions as it’s visible literally all over the site. Rthro looks good in-game with specific avatars but not on profiles. It looks dead. The original R15 pose both looks better and is much much less dead.

They never make sense with these anyway. Why go through the effort to make a bad update when you can leave it as it is, and not receive any bad comments. It’s both time-wasting and looks disgusting.

I really hope they remove this.

7 Likes

Agreed! And the idie can also be selected, no reason to remove the old sction pose.

(ik how they did this btw )

3 Likes

does anyone have an animation ID link to the original pose?

I remember there being a post showing the ID to the original idle pose before it got updated on April 1, 2023, but I think it’s unlisted now and I can’t find the link.

1 Like

https://www.roblox.com/library/532421348/ActionPose

2 Likes

Thanks! I was searching for it for a while.

I don’t even see the point in making rthro the default pose when it already exists as an option. Same thing with the rthro run overwriting the old default r15 run. Why take away player choices for expression?

3 Likes

You know how Roblox ended up changing the idle pose a while back so that way the arms are closer to the torso (at least for 3.0 and 4.0 body types)? I think Roblox changing the avatar thumbnails to have the Rthro idle on, regardless if it’s equipped or not, is actually meant to be symbolic of the new idle animation.

Only thing they need to do is change the Rthro idle pose on the thumbnail. It doesn’t look like it does in-game.

2 Likes

The arms thing is caused by a new animation update and it can be changed back by going to “workspace” and disabling the property called retargeting or it can be disabled with a script. [Opt-out Phase] Introducing Animator Retargeting for Supporting a Single Animation on Multiple Rigs

3 Likes

Bump! Avatar thumbnails have multiple issues right now

3 Likes