RTrack Alpha V.3.0 | Tracking for Roblox Games & More

Shut up and take me to the site!

Background

It’s been a year and four months since RTrack V2 was released. At the time, this was a major improvement over the previous version of RTrack, introduced lots of new features and made it much more user friendly.

After the launch of V2 a lot happened, including multiple data loss events, new servers and a new backend, an API and a whole lot of additional features. I’m super proud of how much RTrack has grown and that it has reached and (hopefully) helped so many developers, but a few months ago I decided that RTrack could be much better, so I began work on RTrack V3.

What's new?

Let’s start off with a screenshot of the new landing page.

RTrack’s frontend has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Where the old site relied heavily on PHP for serving webpages, the new site is almost entirely Javascript, HTML, and API endpoints. It’s much faster, smoother and more user friendly. To be transparent, this site was built on top of a template but is heavily modified.

New, seperate backend

RTrack’s tracking databases are now hosted entirely on AWS, using their flagship enterprise analytical database solution to serve tens of thousands of rows of data to users in at maximum a few seconds. Work is still being done on transferring data from RTrack’s old servers and databases (which are still running) and their data can be accessed on the old site, so not all historical data will be available immediately.

Packed with features

Discoverability

As has always been the case, you can view stats for millions of games. With a few rare exceptions, RTrack tracks every game with players on Roblox. The new site has a search box, allowing you to search by game name or game id, where previously you could only use the Game ID.

Quick and Easy Insights Into Vital Game KPIs

Similar to the old site’s insights, every game on RTrack has a set of insights that should help you understand a game’s health, and it’s performance in the past 24 hours.

Extremely precise historical data with powerful graph configurations

RTrack now tracks most core KPIs every 5 minutes, and that data is stored forever, it’s never lowered in resolution. With the new graphing options and tools, you can create all kinds of graphs to view all sorts of different things.

Here's some examples

Here’s 3 months of Adopt Me’s player counts, showing every hour.

Here’s the same graph, going back a year, grouped by day.

Here’s the same graph as above, but with a merging type of Average, showing instead the average number of players for each day.

CSV Data Downloads

Pro users can now use the CSV data download feature to download all the datapoints on a graph. For example, I just downloaded all 54,000 playercount datapoints for Adopt Me. Here’s the Google Sheet. Yup, I think that speaks for itself.

Free Resources for all

Now available to any user of the site, you can view treemaps of the entire platform, by ratings, visits or concurrent. Here’s an example:

Also available under free resources is a historical graph tracking the 10 biggest games on the platform.

RTrack Embeds

Have you got a portfolio site, or any kind of webpage that allows HTML embeds? Well, why not stick a graph showing your game’s concurrent players on that page? Something like this, perhaps:

Well now, you can. For free. Here’s a link.

RTrack Support

There’s a lot of new stuff on the site, so you might get confused. Luckily, you’ll see some helpful little information icons hanging about. You can click on these and you’ll head straight to the new RTrack Support site.

There's a lot more, but my hands are getting tired. So just go:

Try out the site

32 Likes

Thank you for not obfuscating the source!

https://v3.rtrack.live/rtrack_js/search.js

Barring the capcha I’d have to call client-side, this makes it easy for someone like myself to streamline the functionalities of the site to my liking (such as finding games with ‘airline’ and filtering by player count in a single script).

The website looks really messed up on mobile. But by the screenshots you have shared, it seemingly looks very nice.