Rulers should approximately start where code indentation appears

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard for rulers to start at a specific line where line indents, or the end of an indentation.

Currently, there isn’t a way to hide away unwanted ruler space or have rulers align where indented code starts (like visual code studio), allowing script editor rulers to start where code or indented code starts would improve my programming experience in studio; a studio setting for this?

It would be helpful if rulers were enabled, it would be similar to how visual code studio sets its rulers:

Code_s9NDNys0oF

…and not looking like this:

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience so I would see where a function or code indent starts with rulers enabled, and not have rulers clip through my code in my scripts during a programming session in studio.

5 Likes

This is not the intended use of rulers, I believe these are meant more as a guide for line length. You should turn on whitespace and set the whitespace color in your code theme to a low contrast instead. It is much more effective.

2 Likes