Running a script on only one server/instance

Hi there. In the game I am currently developing, one thing that I need to do is update data stored in my datastore via HTTP requests. The problem is, I need only one server/instance performing this request rather than all to avoid overloading/being rate-limited by the server I am sending requests to.

According to what I’ve read so far, there is no reliable/efficient way to do this. I have only been able to find two topics regarding this issue: May, 2021 - June, 2021. Both of these topics point to using an external HTTP server to relay the data to my game.

I was curious to see if anything has since changed that would offer a reliable, efficient method of performing this without using an external server. Thank you!

Cloud scripts/universe scripts haven’t been released so this isn’t possible yet - it’s better to use an external server.

Roblox released Memory Store which solves that exact problem. Queue the data into a memorystore, and send it through there. You should be able to interact with multiple servers at a time.
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/memory-store

Master Server // Cross Server MSS Sync - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

use the var “IS_MASTER” in the while loop to do your HTTP requests