Running Sponsored Ads with PC only selected doesn't spend/give impressions

Summary

• When running sponsored ads with PC only selected it doesn’t spend the ad budget or give impressions.

Sponsored Ad activated on January 17, 2024.
Ad type: Sponsored Ad through Ads Manager
Campaign ID: 233e5eae-f568-4618-8e0f-207322d9d774

Here’s a picture of the ads manager page

Expected behavior

• Ad should spend the money paid/give the impressions or at least notify the context about why the ad isn’t giving impressions.

I do not have issues when running these sponsored ads for Tablet/Phone only. The issue always seems to be with running it for PC only selected.

Ads Manager uses an auction system that means your ad is potentially competing with other ads for the same impressions. Some things that can impact the delivery of your ads are your maximum bid and targeting selection. Since Ads Manager uses an auction system, choosing too low of a bid may result in your ad not getting high rank in the auction or not winning the auction, as ads with higher bids will get prioritized delivery and placement. Selecting a smaller target audience may also make getting delivery harder. You can raise your maximum bid and broaden your targeting to help drive more delivery.

3 Likes

@albert_yumeng Thank you for the detailed context that helps a lot. I had no idea it was due to the ad not performing as expected due to lower budget & specific targeting. I will keep that in mind going forward when I run ads.

Idea: it would be nice if there is a UI displayed on the ads dashboard that shows you the ad is underperforming. Otherwise most other devs will think the ad is bugged.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.