Satchel // Open-source modern backpack system

Thanks for pointing that out. A fix should be on the way very soon.

2 Likes

How can i scale the hotbar icon size?

Hey, Is there any update on this inventory script?

Currently there is no way to adjust the size of hotbars. We do do plan eventually adding support for scaling the UI eventually.

Below is a GitHub issue created for you in which you can view tracking and progress of UI scaling.

There has been progress for adding an always shown hotbar. In its current state, it is not expected to be completed for a while.

Please refer to Enhancement: Add attribute to show hotbar as always visible · Issue #15 · RyanLua/Satchel · GitHub and branch GitHub - RyanLua/Satchel at attribute-always-show-hotbar for tracking and progress.

v1.2.0

v1.2.0 focuses on adding accessibility features and refining the user experience for Satchel. This release adds PlayStation console & controller support, reduced transparency, custom fonts, and multi-input support. Included in this release are multiple bug fixes and minor improvements to UI/UX too.

Special thanks to the following for their insights and contributions to improving Satchel:

Added

Changed

Fixed

Full Changelog: Comparing v1.1.0...v1.2.0 · RyanLua/Satchel · GitHub

Downloads

Satchel.rbxmx (231.8 KB)
Satchel.rbxm (81.7 KB)

GitHub Release

6 Likes

Would be nice to add support to UiShelf now that TopBarPlus is pretty much depracated

1 Like

The new controls for Roblox is only for a set amount of users as it is in testing so it is subject to change. Currently we are waiting for full adoption in case Roblox reverts the update. Once all users have the new experience controls we will consider our possibilities of updating our UI in a timely manner.

Such change isn’t easy for Satchel and needs to fit a criteria with being:

• Compatible with all platforms including console and VR
  • Being lightweight and performant enough to be bundled with Satchel
  • Not interrupting already existing experiences using Satchel including those who still utilize Topbar+

We will update Satchel when it is needed once we see an opportunity.

6 Likes

Just wanna say this is a very good resource! The model is just 1 script and it does exactly what I was looking for <3

Please fix the lack of console controls that are present in the default hotbar system (I can’t use tools at all)
I am on most recent version of Satchel

Some one commented out the ToolSelect(tool) line, bruh.
It probably for a reason, but everything looks like it works when I uncommented it, so, I’ll stick to that for now

Satchel does support consoles with controller input. With its latest 1.2.0 release it completely revamps controllers with a new hint and slot swapping system.

Can you l specify the line which this comment is on?

To allow me to better understand your problem can you specify the version Satchel it is (on the top of the SatchelScript file), the device the issue you are having a problem on, and where you get your Satchel distribution from (Creator Marketplace, Wally, Github, etc.)?

Additionally you can open a GitHub issue and fill out the fields there for investigation.

Line 372 of SatchelScript: --Humanoid:EquipTool(tool) --NOTE: This would also unequip current Tool
Version: 1.2.0
This is the github version but I also tried the marketplace one, had same issue
Uncommenting this line fixed the issue I think.

I can only test on pc with an attachable controller, that’s what I used, but it seems all my console players had this issue because play time plummeted after I got this script (ps. its all good, I’m still in the demo stage of my game)

I am unable to reproduce the issue you are describing in the Satchel Playground.

When you mention unable to equip tools, do you mean unable to equip them through using the bumper buttons?

I have an Xbox Wireless controller connected to my computer. The bumper buttons LB and RB seem to work fine to equip the tools.

There has been a previous bug before causing bumper buttons not to work but it since has been fixed. The patch has been rolled out to versions 1.1.0 and above.

Please see the GitHub issue below for more information about this bug if it is indeed a problem with the bumpers buttons.

Yea I think thats the bug, yes I mean the bumpers do nothing. Also, I get the same log output as the person in that bug report

Just tested in playground, I do get this same bug there… interesting, maybe its specific to some hardware in that case… (this maybe irrelevant, but I have a super cheap Defender controller)

Does the normal backpack works fine for you though?

Yeah, it works fine)
bla bla bla minimum character limit

Hey, so, since the bug doesn’t replicate for you. If you uncomment that line I talked about, does it cause you any errors \ bugs ?
I’d like to know because I have console players I worry about

I have a pull request in progress to fix the issue but it needs more testing before I can merge.

Please refer to the below PR for tracking and progress.