Save meshpart's mesh as file without using Export Selection

Hi there! A long time ago I hired a modeler to make some models for me, and they sent it to me as a .rbxm containing mesh parts. I no longer have contact with the modeler, and want to edit the model. Is there a way I can download the mesh from the meshparts, possibly using the id? I have tried using Export Selection, but it does weird things to the geometry and duplicates vertices. I have also tried making get requests to https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id= but the file it gives back is in a weird format I do not know how to handle.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

incase anyone finds this I just wanted to tell you what I learned: It’s not possible. When you upload a mesh to roblox it goes through some process to make it compatible with roblox and its optimizations. That is the only version of the mesh roblox saves, so no matter how you download it, you’re going to get the same broken version of the mesh that is very difficult to work with. Your only hope is to try to remake the mesh, manually fix it (if you have a bunch of time on your hands and a resistance to repetitive tasks), or try to find the original elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.