"Save to ROBLOX" destination will be the group you are working under

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard alongside time consuming to upload assets from a studio under a group- directly to a group. With recent changes regarding audios, and the long standing animation “rule”, where these assets must be uploaded under the group owned by them in order to replicate properly in game.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it’s a very tedious task to select the group every single time while uploading. Using the asset manager directly to upload an asset will automatically upload it in to the group you are working under, however animations do not follow this same rule, they require you to export to roblox, choose the group, and upload from there.

My proposal is that when you are working in a group game / place, when you right-click an asset and “save to roblox”, it should automatically have the group you are working under as the selected destination

2 Likes

What if instead, it always was by default the last group or user you picked? That would solve your feature request in more ways than one.

To be fair, that was 600 days ago.

Seems like it could be tedious, especially if you are someone who develops on multiple places and or groups. I don’t really see the “pros” of doing that over my suggestion.

Generally speaking you won’t be uploading an animation from a place owned by a group to your own account, or somewhere aside from the group itself.