Saving Games to Cloud

Helpful update for speeding up my studio publishing!

Wow! I will no longer need to create a special “development” place for my game.

It would be cool if this could also have a “beta users” feature, where certain people i designate as testers can be put into the unpublished version of the game. That would eliminate the need for me to have a whole “testers” group for each of my games.

9 Likes

I hope there will be a “preview” of the thumbnail in the game, where you hit save, in the version log.
As it is still REALLY hard to find back to the exact version you’re looking for.
I remember back when @Merely made his chrome extension.
It was really good.
But once it wasn’t working, i had 0 use for the version control.
As i could never find back to the right version.
As saving underways, or publishing small updates was useless.

2 Likes

Are there plans of a git-like system without using something like Rojo? Or branches like an alpha branch, beta branch, and release branch?

6 Likes

Goodbye “Place must be published to access DataStores” errors!
This is an excellent feature. I will no longer have to clutter up my current published places anymore.

4 Likes

Since this feature has been disabled, I can’t open my game in studio that had an unpublished version (it freezes). I can’t see it archived on the site either. Any word when it’ll come back?

Issue/Solution:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can’t stress enough how annoying it was to have a backup place for every single game. Is there any plans for adding features which allows us to see which changes were made to the game (and who made those changes).

We plan to turn this on next Wednesday. I will DM you separately for more information.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the feature at first, looking at the benefits (it just looked like an alternative for publishing). The details cleared my confusion though!

I’d still rather use git (mostly for offline access), but this is a good alternative.

1 Like

No, it will not. It just means that you can post your creation to the cloud without actually publishing it.

1 Like

sometimes it doesn’t autosave and TC is on, which makes me (and probably others) makes others loose a lot of progress. Could someone follow up if that bug has been fixed, or is still waiting to be fixed?

This feature is back on. Let us know if you have any additional feedback or issues!

15 Likes

Why is the “Save to Roblox” option greyed out for me?

Your game is likely unpublished. Publish it to Roblox first, and then you will be able to Save to Roblox.

1 Like

It’s a useful update, but I’m no longer able to revert versions on TC games, regardless of if TC is on or off.

2 Likes

This is giving me numerous issues. Is there any way to revert it back to how it used to work? I can definitely see where you are going with this update, but it gives me too many issues. I hate to be a pain, but is there a way to just go back to how the system used to work?

1 Like

Nope. You will need to report the issues so that they can be fixed.

3 Likes

Now, that is a very great concept. This will be beneficial for up and coming developers!

I was really confused at first when I had saved a game and not clicked publish. However, I’m actually liking this future now.

I very much support this.
I’ve been checking the Devforum daily but for some reason, never stumbled across this post and had no idea what was changed.