Saving Textures & Surface Appearance Plugin

About this plugin

It lets you save textures and Surface Appearance (PBR) into studio easily and insert / remove them anytime. However Surface Appearances can only save for the current session meaning if you leave studio the Surface Appearances does not save.

Removing and adding textures (one side)

Saving Textures and Surface Appearances
Press the + button. Select a Texture / Surface Appearance in the explorer then press save. Slot names for Surface Appearance is optional.

Removing and Inserting Textures

Removing and Inserting Textures (selection)

Sorry if the thumbnail is bad or the video resolution is garbage. My PC is trash.

Plugin:
https://www.roblox.com/library/5866476543/Extended-Textures

Open Source: (Please don’t reupload)
https://www.roblox.com/library/5925660740/Extended-Textures-Open-Source
Please reply with suggestion or questions.

15 Likes

What would the use for this be exactly?

are you kidding me?
Didn’t you see the videos…

Got a question, will you make it so we can select surfaces? :smiley:

It makes it easy for you to save textures / Surface Appearances and insert them into your game easily with just a click as stated in the topic :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I was thinking about that, but the UI doesn’t have enough space to fit all the buttons but I’m working on it!

I don’t see how this is easier than selecting owned textures from the toolbox?

It adds the textures to every single faces in a click. If you were to select your own textures from the toolbox it takes more time. Getting things from the toolbox is annoying for me personally because I have publish over 30+ private models and they all have really stupid names and I’m too lazy to delete them 1 by 1.

1 Like

Adding to every face is inefficient and a waste of resources especially when they won’t all be seen

As I stated in this post

I’m working on it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is amazing! A cool feature (Unless you already have it) would be a setting that would wrap the part in the texture or surface appearance, which would make texturing parts very fast and simple.

What do you mean by wrapping the part within the texture / surface appearance? It replaces the textures within the base part to the new texture (destroy)

1 Like

I mean cover the part in the texture you selected with your plug in, so that you don’t have to click every side to replace the texture. I’m not sure if this is already a feature.

It covers every face automatically.

1 Like

Does this plugin include the ability to also insert decals?(If it doesn’t, would you consider adding that feature?)

I’m currently making so that the plugin can insert / remove only one side, and Clear / insert game.Selection:Get() but yes I will work on that after I get that done.

1 Like

@varjoy @Cristiano100

Update:

• Ablilty to clear, insert selection game:GetService(“Selection”):Get()
  • Bug fixes
  • Ablilty to only remove, insert only one side.
  • Overall better UI

I updated the plugin and the open source model and the topic / thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This plugin/resource looks nice! I think the UI can be worked on a bit more and be designed and shown a bit better.

Overall, it looks good! Nice work on this plugin/resource! :+1:

1 Like